Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have the oportunity to buy ST4 fork you see below. It is stated to come from a ST4 with 996 engine. He said it was abjustable and coated. Asked for a product number or some identification and he said it read 2A15. This number could be anything though.

Would this be the ST4s fork? Sorry if question seems a bit odd. Just want to make sure I'm buying the right item.

·
Registered
224 Posts
It really seems like it's from the ST4s.

I see the mounting brackets for mudguard are gone though. Will I be able to take these from my Sport Classic fork and put on this one?

Would check on my own bike if i could, but I'm currently 70 miles from it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is a really noob question about sport classic.. i don't have sport classic bike.. but i want to know eye to eye distance between right and left fork of sport classic.. i just just bought a used ohlins fork that have 50mm upper diameter and 56mm lower diameter..

·
Registered
846 Posts
This is a really noob question about sport classic.. i don't have sport classic bike.. but i want to know eye to eye distance between right and left fork of sport classic.. i just just bought a used ohlins fork that have 50mm upper diameter and 56mm lower diameter..
Don't have the measurements offhand but that spacing has no effect as to whether the forks will fit. The stock SC uses a 50mm top and 54mm bottom. That means new triple clamps or boring out the bottom clamp to 56mm (much simpler). Other issues are the length of the forks and what the fork bottoms are for axle size and mounting of calipers/fender.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hole for axle right fork 25mm and left one is 30mm is this the same on ducatis axle? i'm planning on making custom triple tree cnc.. for measurement i need +/- eye to eye between left and right fork..

·
Registered
121 Posts
53 mm top tree for Showa ???

I purchased par of fully adjustable Showa forks for my GT. Forks look great but they are wrong size :(. They are 53 mm at the top. I know, I know, I should have done my homework, ... but they are almost brand new and I got them cheap !!

What are the options ??

1. Get top triple tree with 53mm ?? Any suggestions for aftermarket replacement off the Ebay ? Speedymoto has one for Monster with bar risers for $350. Still need to check if fits.

2. Bore existing upper triple tree form 50 to 53 mm. Is this safe ? It does sound crazy.

3. Put them back on Ebay... but they look soooo nice.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Sounds like you have superbike forks which will have 53mm diameter top & bottom, so your stock bottom clamp will be too large. Check the fork length, superbike forks are usually longer, there is chance they will foul against the bottom of your handlebars. Also check the caliper mounts, they might space out the calipers (had to mill mounting face of my 4p caliper for my 50/54 forks, but with 53/53 forks the calipers are unmodified).

1. I'm now running the Motowheels CD triple clamps but they (and most others) are 30mm offset which pushes the forks a bit further forward. Handling effects aside, this also will negate your fork lock if you care.

2. Previously I ran with the a set of stock triples with the top bored out to 53mm and the bottom shimmed (1mm machined spacer) without any problems.

3. Might be the simplest solution. :( However superbike forks are suppose to have better internals and for me going from 50/54 adjustable showas to the 53/53 showas was worth it..

I purchased par of fully adjustable Showa forks for my GT. Forks look great but they are wrong size :(. They are 53 mm at the top. I know, I know, I should have done my homework, ... but they are almost brand new and I got them cheap !!

What are the options ??

1. Get top triple tree with 53mm ?? Any suggestions for aftermarket replacement off the Ebay ? Speedymoto has one for Monster with bar risers for $350. Still need to check if fits.

2. Bore existing upper triple tree form 50 to 53 mm. Is this safe ? It does sound crazy.

3. Put them back on Ebay... but they look soooo nice.

6,048 Posts
Upgrades and surface treatmenets
Before and after Marzocchi forks

TiN Inner sliders, Gold Uppers
Black Ano lowers. Andreani inserts

Polished to a gloss Uppers with Ohlins cartridges. Before and After

41 - 50 of 50 Posts