2019 950 Stalling issues - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
  • 2 Post By PNorris

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 2019, 7:06 am Thread Starter

2019 950 Stalling issues

So, I got the bike back from my dealer with an "update." The bike now stalls frequently. If you pull in the clutch when the revs are above say 4-5k the engine just stalls. The only way to keep it stalling coming to a light is to let the revs drop really low before you pull in the clutch. Obviously, this is totally unacceptable, as it stalled about 5-6 times on me yesterday and then gave me a hard time restarting each time. Also, when I stopped for fuel it gave me a hard time restarting. Is anyone else experiencing this. The dealer is getting a call today. Surprisingly, they are actually open on Mondays.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 2019, 6:16 pm

Very odd. Is this while riding it at those RPM’s and you pull in the clutch or what’s the exact sequence.

I have not noticed anything on mine like that and no stalling at all. Could definitely be a mapping issue if they did an update though. Or a faulty sensor misreading?

Keep us updated!hopefully the dealer can take care of guy ASAP, that’d be frustrating indeed

Mostly built custom 1098S, been piecing it together, bolt by bolt over the last 8 years
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 2019, 8:49 pm

I have not had that problem with my 950 SP with the full Termi system. It will sometimes die at idle when cold a couple of times at most but once warmed up no issues.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 2019, 6:57 am Thread Starter

The stalling would happen when pulling in the clutch when coming to a stop. My last ride it happened 5-6 times. Each time the restart was iffy. Once it stalled on a steep upward slope and that was no fun. When I stopped for fuel the restart was iffy as well. The bike goes in next Monday. The dealer spoke with Ducati and was told to reload the map. Then, the direction is to start the bike and let it go through three fan cycles. Apparently, the ECU will adjust itself and then the bike should be good to go. We shall see. I hope so, as I really love the bike, however, the fun disappears very quickly if you are constantly worried that the bike will not restart once it stalls.
firstascent and dflowerz like this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 15th, 2019, 3:43 pm Thread Starter

Apparently my repair is not a simple issue. They say it starts fine, however, on re-start it now only runs on one cylinder. Just f'in wonderful. I am really pissed as this is right in the heart of the riding season. According to the tech they are waiting to hear from Italy, as they don't have a clue what to do. Can you remind me why I bought a Ducati. This my first one and is a mess after 800 miles. I guess I will find out quickly whether Ducati gives a shit.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 15th, 2019, 4:43 pm

That really is aggravating. Ducati will fix it, but it takes longer than you would like.

I hope you have another bike to ride. That seems to be a requirement with these bikes. If you really enjoy riding, have at least two bikes. When they break, it can be down for a while.

Best of luck.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Today, 9:43 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pard View Post
That really is aggravating. Ducati will fix it, but it takes longer than you would like.

I hope you have another bike to ride. That seems to be a requirement with these bikes. If you really enjoy riding, have at least two bikes. When they break, it can be down for a while.

Best of luck.
So, the dealer tells me that the bike has a bad fuel pump. As such, they are going to replace the fuel pump and the regulator.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Today, 8:13 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNorris View Post
So, the dealer tells me that the bike has a bad fuel pump. As such, they are going to replace the fuel pump and the regulator.
Excellent! At least now you know the cause the and the fix should be quick!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in