Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
I hope to hell they fix it, as this issue is ruining what has been my love for this bike. It truly sucks to wonder whether the bike is going to stall every time I pull up to a light or intersection and it can also stall when I am edging forward. Then, it is hard to restart. I LOVE THE BIKE, however, right now she is a quirky girl.
My bike has1000k miles and is bone stock. It’s in the dealership here in NY. Please keep everyone posted on the updates. I would also like to know where these bikes are located so we can track which dealerships are aware fo the situation. It’s helpful to report it to your dealer to create a service bulletin.

· Registered
8 Posts
My bike has1000k miles and is bone stock. It’s in the dealership here in NY. Please keep everyone posted on the updates. I would also like to know where these bikes are located so we can track which dealerships are aware fo the situation. It’s helpful to report it to your dealer to create a service bulletin.
By the way, this has only started after the 600 mile service. Not sure what the download was or if that effected it. But it’s driving me [email protected] nuts.

· Registered
8 Posts
Not sure if this is related, but I purchased a 950 SP (new) 3 weeks ago. Rode home from dealership without issues. Went for a ride the following morning - Started the bike and it only run on idle for 2-3 seconds and then stalled by itself. Wasn't doing anything, the bike was idling and being on the side stand. Same thing happened when I started again - only more difficult to get the bike started. In the end I managed to leave the house by constantly playing with throttle and clutch, without some throttle the bike would have stalled, no questions asked. This issue vanished when the engine became warmer. Same thing happened the following morning... Maybe even with the engine warm the revs dropped in a strange way, but difficult to say if it just felt like that as I was getting used to a twin again after years on inline fours.

Took the bike to the dealer and in the end the issue in my case was a faulty air pressure sensor that gave wrong signals to the ECU (This is as much as I can describe with my technical knowledge). Got the bike back on Thursday and felt good when riding home. Fortunately had to leave for a business trip same day and only back next weekend, so will only know then if problem really was solved or not. Just in case this helps identifying any issues. Happy that the bike was looked after by Ducati Monza, at least they seem to be genuinely interested to find out what the issue was and get quick feedback from Ducati as well...

I think every bit of info helps. The older Hyper’s were plagued with a very twitchy throttle. The effort to fix that problem may have been a bit of a stumble.

· Registered
8 Posts
I got my bike back. Interesting, as the idle was definitely about 250 rpm’s higher. I would say that it idles now at just about 1400 RPM. I always felt that Idle was too low. On the ride home, the bike nicely dropped into that idle when the clutch was pulled in. Supposedly, they cleaned some sort of goo from the throttle bodies which Ducati had told them to look for. They said that it was an anti-corrosion substance they applied on these bikes. Anyways the ride home was short, as it was cold outside and nighttime. Regardless, the bike ran very well. I’m optimistic because of the way it ran. Hopefully I get a good day that I can take it out and really test it out.
I still think my idle is too low. I wonder if that’s the fix for me.
So today my bike was a bear to start. It didn’t stall but it just would fire up. I am losing my mind with this. Really pissing me off. Maybe it IS a throttle body issue. I called my dealer. They are awesome and said to bring it back in when I’m ready. Here we go again.

· Registered
8 Posts
Did my first proper long ride today trying everything in my power to recreate the stalling conditions and it seems great. I don't recall the on off throttle being so sticky though, maybe that is just me forgetting. If the clutch is out and I am splitting traffic sometimes it feels like I need to open the throttle about 10% before the bike actually does anything, this is only from coasting at idle. I figure this is probably due to Euro 5 emissions on the closed loop more than the previous issue
Keep us posted please.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts