Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looling for a neat and clean looking mount to put a ZUMO on my Hypermotard. Does anyone know of maybe one that will bolt onto the handlebar mount 4 bolts maybe?

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
I like the RAM mounts, a u-bolt to wherever you like on the bar and then you cat the arms/adapters for everything you could possibly want to mount up front.

·
Registered
605 Posts
If RAM makes a cradle for it, get the RAM mount with the short arm. All that stays on the bike when you don't need it is the ball clamped to the bars. I don't have a Zumo but did this with a Nuvi and its great. With the short arm and ball mounted on the bars to the left of the clamp, the unit sits just about center but can be adjusted. When you stop for food or a hotel it comes off in seconds. I also wired in a supply to the system.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Try www.gadgetguy.net/

The website takes some studying to figger out what you need and the mounts are a bit pricey, but you can't beat the quality and looks.

Btw, I have my gps on a ram mount and it works fine, but I lust after the bling of a gadget guy mount.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. The gadget guy looks promising but I did not see a ZUMO mount plate so will have to shoot him a e-mail and see.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This might be what you're looking for... gadgetguy mount for Zumo on my Hyper. Perfect.

B
Darn, I wish I had seen this earlier. I just ordered the RAM mount stuff for my newly acquired HYM. Finding this stuff for BMW's was a lot easier.

Did you wire it to activate with the key, or is it powered directly off the battery all the time?

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Darn, I wish I had seen this earlier. I just ordered the RAM mount stuff for my newly acquired HYM. Finding this stuff for BMW's was a lot easier.

Did you wire it to activate with the key, or is it powered directly off the battery all the time?
Wired it directly. You can always sell the RAM stuff or use it for a radar detector... I use a ram ball mount and Ztechnik platform mount for my V1 off the left handlebar.

b

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Techmount Mini Handlebar mount for 1 1/8" bars. If you're mounting it to the outside of the handlebar clamp you'll need to ask Techmount to shave the mount slightly, since the Hyper bars taper a little. I had a Ram mount on my BMW and the Techmount is much nicer.

Here's a pic. I've since rearranged the mount so the Zumo sits much closer to the bars. It also wont' interfere with the bar mounted rotary steering damper, like the Scotts I have on my Hyper. Doesn't cover the instrument cluster either.

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
I guess this mount will not work with the Scott's sub stabilizer mount?
Actually it works perfectly with the Scott's Damper. I have both mounted on my Hyper now. In fact, I ordered the GadgetGuy mount specifically for that reason. If you call him, and tell him what you want it for, he should already have all the measurements needed from my order awhile back to set you up. I just snapped that picture BEFORE the damper arrived to send back to him to show him what it looks like on a Hyper.

Hope that helps...

B

·
Registered
225 Posts
Actually it works perfectly with the Scott's Damper. I have both mounted on my Hyper now. In fact, I ordered the GadgetGuy mount specifically for that reason. If you call him, and tell him what you want it for, he should already have all the measurements needed from my order awhile back to set you up. I just snapped that picture BEFORE the damper arrived to send back to him to show him what it looks like on a Hyper.

Hope that helps...

B
Thanks that's awesome. Thanks for your help.
Steve

·
Registered
12 Posts

Hope that helps...

B
Do you leave the mount on all the time or is it part time duty? I plan on only using the mount for longer rides and was just wondering if anyone has a clean way to handle the power cable when the mount is removed. Just velcro the cable to the bar?

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Do you leave the mount on all the time or is it part time duty? I plan on only using the mount for longer rides and was just wondering if anyone has a clean way to handle the power cable when the mount is removed. Just velcro the cable to the bar?

I normally don't ride with my Zumo mounted, but the mount itself stays attached... it's thin and small enough to not get in the way, and the cable connects to it, so it's not dangling anywhere.

b

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I ordered up the mount today from gadget guy. Come to find out he is just a couple of towns away from me and has done business with the dealership that I work at before.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I received my mount from the Gadget Guy and what a great product. It was packaged nicely, came with lots of extra hardware, allen wrenches and directions with pictures. I do not thing that I could be any more pleased with the product. Now all I have to do is hook up the pewer and ground wires for th ZUMO. Any recommendation of a good place to tap into I have never been under any of the panels on this bike yet?

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
I received my mount from the Gadget Guy and what a great product. It was packaged nicely, came with lots of extra hardware, allen wrenches and directions with pictures. I do not thing that I could be any more pleased with the product. Now all I have to do is hook up the pewer and ground wires for th ZUMO. Any recommendation of a good place to tap into I have never been under any of the panels on this bike yet?
Glad to hear it worked out! Easiest? I'd go straight off the battery... just make sure to turn it off when you dismount! I believe the hardwire kit with the Zumo is fused.

B

1 - 20 of 33 Posts