Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that in many photos of Paul Smarts I see a black zip tie around one of the forks. See here for an example and another. On some bikes they're on the right fork, sometimes the left.

Are they just left over from some tag ohlins stuck on there, or are they there for a reason?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have had the suspension redone on a few of my bikes and the suspension guy puts one on so I can see how much the front suspension is compressing. at least thats my excuse for the zip tie.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Zip tie is so you can check how far your fork is compressing while you are riding it. It gives you an idea as to how much travel you have in reserve.

·
Registered
140 Posts
A zip tie on the right means the bike is gay, while a zip tie on the left means it heterosexual - or is it the other way round???

Cheers,

Brett

·
Registered
503 Posts
Sorry guys ....just Duc'n out to declare my preference on the GT before the Kermit green livery goes on.....once that's on no number of Zipties on either fork leg will matter...the bike will be GAY....and static sag will just be a fact of life.hmmm

·
Registered
985 Posts
That's where the price tag was. The sucker was so expensive that owners wanted everybody to see how much they'd paid for the bike. Until it rotted off. Kinda like a Bush/Cheney bumper sticker in Texas.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Thanks poolagent & ducsculptor....very handy....just post it to the local chapter of the GAY Comancherios.....tell 'em it's for Kermo...it will get to me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts