Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone give me a line on where to purchase these? I spoke with a guy over the weekend who had them on a '99 Duc. 994? and they would sure be nice on my ST-3.
Thanks, Jack.

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
it is spelled "Dzus"

oldguy said:
Can someone give me a line on where to purchase these? I spoke with a guy over the weekend who had them on a '99 Duc. 994? and they would sure be nice on my ST-3.
Thanks, Jack.
The correct spelling is Dzus, which may help you locate them on the internet. From discussions on the ST owners Yahoo group, it seems the only place to purchase them is some place in the UK. Send a PM to Fariborz, as I believe he has added them on his 03-ST4s.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Bill_Anderson said:
...it seems the only place to purchase them is some place in the UK.
You should be able to buy Dzus fasteners anywhere. My Duc dealer has them in stock (I just bought some there), and Ebay has a ton. Note, though, that there are two different type of Dzus fasteners; Ducati and all others. For the Ducati version, the receiver looks like a speed nut, while for the "all other" version, the receiver has a little spring that the male part fastens into. Again, I just did a search on Ebay and had 87 hits.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I know it seems like a long way [germany]...but I got what I ordered from him in a week.
He sells Dzus fasteners.

www.ducati-shed.com

I bought a set of 8 or 10, stock replacements with frame clips on ebay, can't remember from who, they were name brand and worked perfect [I used them all over my SS]

·
Registered
288 Posts
This is a quote from someone who has researched Dzus fasteners for the ST (Fariborz):

> No the 748-916-996-998 models use the 6mm version, similar to
>the "6mm
> short" but slightly shorter in length. The ST fairing is slightly
> thicker than the 748/9*6 series. That means that the standard Dzus
> fastener from the 748/9*6 series will be just a touch (1 to 2 mm)
> short, especially when two fairing pieces come together. I think one
> might be able to bend the tabs in the receptacles to make the
> superbike ones fit, or in some cases if one pushes really hard
>on .................................................................

There's a ton of info about Dzus fasteners for the ST at the Yahoo! ST2 group:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/st2_owners/

I got my Dzus Panex fasteners from Just Fasteners, now QEF Global, in Scotland. The price has risen considerably since I purchased mine last year though. :(

-Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts