Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh gods of engineering, I want to graft a set of Zards to my GT1000. GT's have Twin suspension of course, can It be done? my thoughts is make some bends, I don't really want to go down the buy a single swing arm and shock route as me thinks it may be too expensive , maybe re bend and re route. I NEED HELP maybe stick the top pipe out the other side?

Attachments

·
Registered
666 Posts
You got a lot of fabrication work to do. First you make a bracket for the upper exhaust like on the NCR New Blue

The hard part will be the lower exhaust, image the axle alignment tool is the right side of your swingarm. Your can see the problem you will have.

Last, you'll need to fab a bracket for the lower muffler, which bolts to the rear master cylinder bracket. Your footpegs are further back than the '06 bikes and may also be in the way.

As long has you've got the money, any problems can be overcome. Good Luck.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I see the problem! I have already bought the Zards I see on the New blue they have twin shocks and stuck one out each side me thinks this might be a better route???

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Mooner.. picking your brain say the top pipe works O.K., by looking at this pic, seal up the graft bit,, and stick the bottom pipe out the other side? (then I would only have to fabricate 1 side) the pipes I got have been lightly crashed sooo I can bastardize them a bit if I keep the same length, would that work??

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
you may be better off getting the biposto zards like on the new blue...

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
and stick the bottom pipe out the other side? (then I would only have to fabricate 1 side)
I dont think it would work on the other side as you have to clear the chain, and re-doing the headers would be a real p.i.t.a..

Greg.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Get someone to crash their Sport 1000 mono and offer them a real good price on their swingarm. Then make the most badass GT ever.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hey Chuck, on my last post I had a pic of the swingarm, but used one I had aof a tremi exhuast. Here is the same thing with the Zard.

Looking closer if you were to add some new exhaust pipe just before the bend after the arrow you could move the to right and might be able to clear the swingarm.

Hope the pics will make things clearer

Jim

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Mooner,, thanks me thinks this option will go close if the muffler is kicked out a couple of degrees maybe put a dent in the end cap we might be real close, your second pic is the key, as I say I have them already,, sooo,, I have to make them work,, and I get all lumpy.. when I think of the end result,,, I am stuck on a minesite for a couple of weeks,
Me old mate WASP is babysitting the GT (please take it out and thrash it like your 16 yo redhaired stepdaughter) I just sprung $$ for some new painted bits and a PUK of course! pipes (Zards) although it has Termies will be the ultimate----until the hi comp pistons arrive from Fast from Ferraci then cams then,,.???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts