Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a lot of posts around the forum on that topic but still it is not clear to me and I would appreciate if someone can give me a clear answer...

I got a 2008 Hyper with the Zard Penta Slip-ons... everything else is stock.

So,

1). Should I change to a DP ECU or the stock one should be fine?
2). Will I get any "Check engine" lights on if I change to a DP ECU (if I understood it correctly from other posts than the DP ECU is set up for Termis so it may not work with the Zard slip-ons properly...)?
3). Can the DP ECU be changed or remapped for the Zards without getting any other stuff such as PC111 and so on?

Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
You shouldn't need a different ECU for slip ons, but if you open the air box and run a high flow filter you may want too. You will pick up more power from the air box opening up than the slip-ons. Personally, I would add the ECU and the Zard headers and you will unleash some nice power and it sounds greeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaat!.

If you don't want to do that, then add a Fat Duc O2 manipulator for around $100 and you can make some adjustments to trick your ECU into dumping more fuel.

Out~!

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
You shouldn't need a different ECU for slip ons, but if you open the air box and run a high flow filter you may want too. You will pick up more power from the air box opening up than the slip-ons. Personally, I would add the ECU and the Zard headers and you will unleash some nice power and it sounds greeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaat!.

If you don't want to do that, then add a Fat Duc O2 manipulator for around $100 and you can make some adjustments to trick your ECU into dumping more fuel.

Out~!
I'll second this... :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just installed the FatDuc O2 Manipulator and what a difference... The bike stopped popping and surging, and is so smoth like never before, it is now pleasure to ride even at low rpms. The acceleration is so much more better, still not at its top but a way better than it was before the Manipulator...

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

Out~!
Gezz Axe you getting sensible in your old age :D

Haf ta agree wit you tho :eek: Out~!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi guys,

sorry to post it here but I haven't got access to the classifieds so just wanted to ask whether anyone of you has the Termis DP ECU that he doesn't need and wants to sell for a reasonable price?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts