Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm yearning for a set of Zard stainless slip-ons.

Would I be foolish to buy and install a set of these before I resolve the low RPM fueling issue on my SF? I'm concerned that I would exacerbate the problem by flowing more air without providing more fuel.

Currently I'm running a pair of Fat Ducs and will look to TuneBoy when they are up and running with a tune.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
I would get what you like right away... you only go around once and you will sort out the fueling issue sometime but you get to enjoy the sound and looks till then!

I vote go for it!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have the full zard penta system on my hyper and i really couldnt be any more satisfied with the product...except for the install instructions which are a complete joke.

·
Bon Vivant
11,245 Posts
Would I be foolish to buy and install a set of these before I resolve the low RPM fueling issue on my SF? I'm concerned that I would exacerbate the problem by flowing more air without providing more fuel.
My opinion and the reason I've not done an exhaust yet, is that you are exactly right. The open exhaust will only lean the bike further.
We have to wait for a solution. Let's hope it's soon!

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My opinion and the reason I've not done an exhaust yet, is that you are exactly right. The open exhaust will only lean the bike further.
We have to wait for a solution. Let's hope it's soon!
Another source states:

The ECU is programed to a certain air/fuel ratio which it gets from the O2 sensor. Changing the exhaust doesn't change the target value of the ECU in closed loop mode.

Thus the bike will not run any leaner with a freer flowing exhaust...make sense?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Another source states:

The ECU is programed to a certain air/fuel ratio which it gets from the O2 sensor. Changing the exhaust doesn't change the target value of the ECU in closed loop mode.

Thus the bike will not run any leaner with a freer flowing exhaust...make sense?
that doesnt make sense...freer flow -> leaner A/F...

·
Bon Vivant
11,245 Posts
That may work below 5200 RPM where the bike runs in closed loop but it will make it leaner above that RPM.

You may be fine, I know you aren't the first guy to add slips without an ECU change. But I'm going to wait till I can get mine all tuned correctly.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That may work below 5200 RPM where the bike runs in closed loop but it will make it leaner above that RPM.
I was so wrapped up in the low rpm fueling issue that I hadn't even thought about that...:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts