Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, ZARD asked that we show these to you and get some feedback. This is the pre-production of their slip-on offering. Will be carbon, ti, or stainless. No pricing or part numbers yet, but I'll have that info soon enough.

Just looking for your thoughts on them! So post what you feel - if you love them say so, if you hate them then tear a strip off of us!

As you may or may not know we are now the exclusive importer of ZARD to the US which we do under the name mota-lab. Check out our website here: www.mota-lab.com

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry, that is just ugly. I will take Termis over this. Only way someone is going to convince me to not get Termis is if they develop a single short exhaust similar to the new BMW S1000RR, but in carbon.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, that is just ugly. I will take Termis over this. Only way someone is going to convince me to not get Termis is if they develop a single short exhaust similar to the new BMW S1000RR, but in carbon.
No need to say sorry! ZARD always brings out this reaction... that's what lets you know they aren't the same as everything else :D

·
Bon Vivant
11,444 Posts
The problem is it is the same as everything else - crap! when are we gonna see a new pipe layout instead of just slips onto the stock pipes?
The whole problem with the stock system is the pipe layout!
First Akro now Zard... might as well just get the Termis - what a letdown! :mad:

Hell, if this is all the aftermarket can muster I'll build a Blackie DYI system

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're going to have to wait for a full system to get something with a radically different layout - there is no possible way to do anything but a stacked side exhaust slip-on with the way the OEM collectors are. All of the exhaust manufacturers are going to be limited to this with slip-ons.

ZARD said if there is enough interest they will make a full system and I'm sure it won't be the same design as this as they won't be stuck with the original collectors.

·
Registered
465 Posts
The problem is it is the same as everything else - crap! when are we gonna see a new pipe layout instead of just slips onto the stock pipes?
The whole problem with the stock system is the pipe layout!
First Akro now Zard... might as well just get the Termis - what a letdown! :mad:
+1!

I realize a whole new design takes time and $$$ but if your going to just throw on a pipe thats uglier than stock, whats the point?

Lets see something smaller with a different design element. Can one pipe be done? How about 1 pipe with a taller profile like the Aprilia RSV4 with two chambers???? I don't know something guys........

like this but shorter.

or this

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Nope Nope Nope.

Dont like them they are shite.....looks like a fuckin cake icing pipe..

Whats up with turning the 1098 one on the side & modifying slightly.

Zard on my 999 is soooooo....nice , but sorry , you cant polish a turd..:(

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
In fact ....fuck it...I,m gonna make my own again, I,m off to look for carbon sleeves

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
I think a modified mid pipe that came out with a single outlet would be nice. but if Zard is sticking with only the slip on, these are ok. I would consider them but I would prefer to see them shorter than these.

what about putting in ONE pipe, and on the split top one, put a cut out :) he he.. no pipe just a valve for when you REALLY want to tear it up!

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,716 Posts
aesthetically not pleasing, still like the Termi design best.

what i would love to see is a box style exhaust tucked in front of the rear wheel.

peace

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Well I can tell you for sure, I won't be buying slips.
I don't see why a modified mid-pipe couldn't be incorporated? That's where the problems lie with the design.
I agree a mid-pipe mod and can could probably do the trick. Still, one of my niggles is the rear header pipe is also part of the heatshield proble. If that pipe was tucked in a bit or slightly ovalized I would be happier. Seems I will be looking at full systems only.

·
Registered
95 Posts
+2. Suits the Streetfighter much better imo. Other pipes are a little too Sport Classic and don't have the "look" of the SF, however you want to characterize that. A shorter stacked version of blackie's image would be far better.

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
To comment on those slip-ons, they are way too long to be cool. The finish doesn't seem to jive with anythin else on the bike. Looks too polished. Ti and shorter would look much better and carbon of course.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Heres my plan; I will be building my own single canister that will be shorter than stock. It will sit roughly where the upper can sits now. The shape will be trapezoidal. It will be either black Carbon Fiber or black anodized aluminum. The end cap will probably be machined from billet with some sort of design milled into it. It will have a different pipe that leads to the can to try to alleviate the heat shield issue.
Problem is that my bike has only just arrived today and I have tons of other stuff to put onto it also. If anyone has any feedback or comments on this approach let me know. It will be a good few weeks until this is done, sorry. I will try to post some sketches later.

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
if you plan on gettting a billet end cap and maybe puttting a design.. Think el matador or something spanish.. find an artist to make a cool design ,, add some flair to the bike :)
this may be a little fruity though for such a mad looking bike :rolleyes:

·
Registered
91 Posts
What this bike needs is a small, shorty/gp style exhaust. The bike has such gorgeous lines, why cover up one of the best aesthetic features, which is the open wheel? The Termi's look decent, but still too big and cumbersome.

Something like this:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts