Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Zard Pentas today and I will be installing them tonight, my question is should I pull the Db killers before I mount it or can it be easily done later (once they are mounted)

I have a 796 with the stock cat and air box so I am not sure which way (with or without) the Db killers will be best for my setup.

Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just got my Zard Pentas today and I will be installing them tonight, my question is should I pull the Db killers before I mount it or can it be easily done later (once they are mounted)

I have a 796 with the stock cat and air box so I am not sure which way (with or without) the Db killers will be best for my setup.

Thanks for the advice!
It's easy to mount them afterwards, but even better to do not use them :D

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Definately remove them if your not removing the cat . If cat is removed , a lot of guys feel its too loud so they put them back in . I have decat and I modded my db killers by cutting off the inner end of them . It has a nice deep rumble but not too loud at all

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will post some pics after I change the tidy tail from what comes stock on the zard to the previous one I had, I don’t like the Zard tidy tail.

For all the 796 owners that don’t want to mess with the ECU after they dump the cat….. DON’T!! Get this slip on! Man does this thing wake up the hyper! I pulled out of a parking lot on my test ride after installing the Zard’s and noticed a truck flying up behind me and I had just rolled out of the parking lot in 1st. So I shifted into 2nd and nailed it and the front end came right up, then I power shifted third and the front end lifted even higher. Holy sh!t, I could not believe how much of a difference just these slip ons made! I had a smile from ear to ear for a good 10 minutes after that! Needless to say I had to try it a few more time just to make sure what had happed, really happed and this thing wheelies with no effort now. It also allows you to not have to run the RPM’s up so much in traffic. Well worth the money spent! Oh yeah and it sounds sweeeet! Even with the Db killers in! Yep have not even tried it without them yet!

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,376 Posts
get some video! I think i'm going to go with this slip on as well.
I second this!

Was thinking going Leo Vince decat and slipons. If I can hear and see what these bad boys can do then I might change my mind!

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,376 Posts
the LV slip ons sound great, not a fan of the double cock exhaust design though.
Haha yea, that doesnt bother me too much but I did notice that. Gotta try to find good quality video of the two and see which one I like the most.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will take some pics and try the video thing on Saturday, all of the videos with sound that i found suck, they do not do the Zards justice!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Revove the cat it looks better and trow the db killer away, only to use in germany for police control.
My problem with removing the cat is getting the ECU reflashed. I don’t want a generic map, I want one specifically for my bike with my mods, and no one around here has a dyno that can change the map, the closest guy I found never did a hyper and he said to me ‘yours can be my first’ in a laughing way. No way in hell my hyper is going to be this guy’s guinea pig. When I get the cash and take my next trip down south I plan on going to the guy that I have heard about on this forum in south Carolina(or somewhere around there) that is experienced with custom maps on the hyper, and the guys on this forum have spoken highly about! But now I am in no rush these slip ons added a bunch of power and a sweet exhaust note.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm thinking of a hyper for the N.Y. Traffic and commuting, something my 848 corse dosent handle too well. If I put on the zard slip-ons, do I have to do anything else ? I didn't want to get a new ecu, air filter, etc. I do all work myself, so I just want to buy the slip ons and install them. I know the term is for my bike include the cans, ecu and air filter. So my question is will it run ok with just the zard cans? The dealer tells you it will run lean and you might have problems without the ecu and filter.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm thinking of a hyper for the N.Y. Traffic and commuting, something my 848 corse dosent handle too well. If I put on the zard slip-ons, do I have to do anything else ? I didn't want to get a new ecu, air filter, etc. I do all work myself, so I just want to buy the slip ons and install them. I know the term is for my bike include the cans, ecu and air filter. So my question is will it run ok with just the zard cans? The dealer tells you it will run lean and you might have problems without the ecu and filter.
I still have my stock ECU, air box and cat. I was told by motowheels that I did not have to do anything to the ECU if I did not remove the cat(and just put the slip ons on). I rode for about 100 miles after I put the Zards on and had no popping at all. The only other mod I have is the 14t front sprocket, which is cheap and easy to do

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here in the netherlands you can chance the ecu settings and there is a good respons on it. but i haven't.
it runs better than with the cat and i put also a 14t in.I remove the cat for the looks and i want a louder sound.It runs also ok with only the slip-on i ride 2 years with it on a 1100 and after a crash i put them on the new 796 and lateron i removed the cat.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here are the pictures of the Zard's on my 796. I am having trouble with the video uploading(for their sound), so if you want to hear them shoot me a PM with your email and I'll email the video file to you

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts