Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished installing the new Zard full exhaust on my bike. It was fairly
time consuming, as most of the parts are difficult with fitment and small
alignment issues. Everything in the end actually fit very well.
It looks and sounds Bad-Ass!! I can definitely recommend it.
Just my 2-cents.. :D

·
Super Moderator
8,212 Posts
This thread is worthless without pics!

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
What were the fitment issues? Does the light package fit well on the can? I'm seriously thinking of getting this system and wondering how it sounds.

C

·
0 Posts
also no fitment issues, just normal twisting of pipes a little to it lined up. Also a few hits with a mallet to fully seat the pipes. Otherwise it took about an hour to an hour and a half.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I was told the Zard sounds very different from the Termi -- I can see why now... looks very nice too, thanks for the vid!

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Heard this a few times when the Zard's first hit the scene but haven't heard it again since then so, here goes...Uuuuuugggllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! with a capitol U-G-L-Y Ruins the lines of a beautiful piece of machinery...IMO. Yea, my Termi may be plain, everyday, everyones-got-one, but it fit's the bike. Proverbially (did I spell that right)and literally. Fitment was top of the shelf. No flames to anyone by any means, just adding my opinion. Sure the sound is awesome, if you can get past the eye soar.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I must have been one of the first to install way back in December and like you was a real snap to install.

The looks.....It's beautiful, photo's don't do it justice...looks more GP..ish than any other system and contrary to what others think, the canister fit's and even enhances the lines of the 749/999.

It's a fresh look you stuck in the 90's guys....just kidding.

The name zard, well it leaves people scrathing their heads wondering if this system is from another solar system or something and it looks EXPENSIVE to justify the cost of course.

The sound, only one word to describe, thunder.....The way a ducati should sound.

When I pull up to people even in cars they always comment on great sound.

So there you go, be conservative or try something fresh.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Wow. The Zard for the superbike is nice, but I really dig the exhaust for the Sport1000!

·
Registered
100 Posts
galaxy said:
Heard this a few times when the Zard's first hit the scene but haven't heard it again since then so, here goes...Uuuuuugggllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! with a capitol U-G-L-Y Ruins the lines of a beautiful piece of machinery...IMO. Yea, my Termi may be plain, everyday, everyones-got-one, but it fit's the bike. Proverbially (did I spell that right)and literally. Fitment was top of the shelf. No flames to anyone by any means, just adding my opinion. Sure the sound is awesome, if you can get past the eye soar.
Wow. Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But, sometimes, it's better kept to yourself ;)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Maybe these will help, they are of my bike when I installed back in January.

The little bracket "thingy" on photo # 3 is something I fabricated out of 1" stock aluminum. I thought it might be necessary to keep the fairing not too close or accidentally touch the downpipe. I used the original rubber grommet on the original downpipe that came with the stock exhaust, hope this makes sense.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Red Car

Nice Triumph - TR4? TR250? Or am I getting old and it's a Miata?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts