Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got everything on despite the terribly translated directions. It's amazing how 5 pieces can not seem to want to fit together. Guess I'm crap with spacial relationships which doesn't say much for me as a rider. Can someone with Zards take a photo of how the lower silencer bolts to the lower bracket (the one you removed the rear break to affix) I think I did it a little wrong, not as tight as it should be (that's what she said)

Can't wait to start her up tomorrow morning as I've just finished and its 1am here. Don't need the cops getting called tonight.

They should really include translations for English curse words into italian to make the experience truly authentic. But that's just my .02

Cheers in advance!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Can someone with Zards take a photo of how the lower silencer bolts to the lower bracket (the one you removed the rear break to affix)
The Brake mount should look something like this:

If these aren't clear enough let me know. I'll take more pics.
The instructions do suck!! Clearer pics would have helped

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Really looking to see how the silencer can mounts to the bracket that mounted to the rear brake. In the detail you see how I have layered the washers and spacers. Could you take an overhead shot of the same part for me? It would help finalize my install.

Cheer!

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
wow do those come in black?

Are those Zards in black? I've been looking for them in black and can't find them anywhere. Where'd you get them?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Nice bike bro!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers guys. It seems like all the kits are a little bit differnt. Took it for a long ride today and it was fine. Took the baffles out when I got home. I had no idea it would be that much louder. They're staying out...

Will post some video, there doesn't seem to be any good comparison videos on youtube between baffled and unbaffled.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I also have the full Zard system. Like it a lot but wouldnt dare to run it without baffles, I would wake up the entire neighbourhood, including the police..

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I feel like Harleys are that loud or louder. Do noise restrictions only apply to other bikes? Ill throw the baffles in my tank bag just in case.

The termis are pretty loud too. Has anyone been stopped for noise?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Congrats on the ZARDS!! You will love how they look and sound on your bike. I know I did:p
With out the baffles the popping and hesitating that I experienced before the PCIII were back. :eek:

·
Registered
54 Posts
They have baffles :confused:

Bert

·
Registered
635 Posts
They have baffles?
They are removable, held in place by large c-clips.
mooner it would appear Bert is F...ing with you. Its just too natural for us to pull the baffling from what ever exhaust we get. Ohhh how nice my Shark sounds with out the baffles!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Man, I'd really like to get my hands on those black Zard's. Desmoworks doesn't have em... Anyone willing to trade for Shark exhaust? heheh
No seriously... ANYONE?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Most of the youtube videos of the Zard's suck so I made my own...

Definitel;y sounds a lot better without the baffles. I had mine removed when installed. Love the low growl. I had no noise problems with the police. heck, I have heard louder bikes (HD) out there and they get no complaints. SOUNDS SWEEEEET! NICE CHOICE! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts