Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings

I need your help in a project i'm about to do. I want to make (not me, some friends) a custom exhaust for my SC1000 '06 who looks just like Zards. I don't have 1500 Euros to spend on a new exhaust, but with 400 E i can make something very intresting.
Can someone of you, give me some measurements, of each section of the pipes, cans, or some drawings?
Any materials, infos, specs, HQ photos will be highly appreciated! Thank You!

My friends: KLINE Innovation

·
Registered
258 Posts
I don't think anyone paid big money for a set of Zards just to let someone else copy them. I know I didn't, and I'm certainly not going to pull them back off the bike in an attempt attempt to make some futile measurements. If you want to copy or reverse engineer something then buy it yourself.

Besides, there's lots of complex curves in those pipes, how do you propose they are measured?

Just my opinion of course, good luck with your project.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The pipes doesn't need to be pulled off. I just needed some measurements, in the big lines or some HQ pictures. I don't know actually where to start.
Second. Didn't say i would copy them. Starting from the basic Zards, using imagination, i can build my own.

Thanks for input! :)

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Greetings

I need your help in a project i'm about to do. I want to make (not me, some friends) a custom exhaust for my SC1000 '06 who looks just like Zards. ...
My friends: KLINE Innovation
Kind of goes against this quote found at the bottom of the info page:
Good design is innovative. It does not copy existing product forms, nor does it produce any kind of novelty for the sake of it. The essence of innovation must be clearly seen in all functions of a product. Dieter Rams
However, their product team sounds proper. Not just some welder with a few years experience. So, in my opinion, I would think they could build a rather nice and interesting exhaust system with nothing more than a couple of good pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
I don't have zards but I'm not sure what measurements you need that you couldn't take on your own bike. But more than likely you'll just show a custom maker what you want in some pics and then bring them the bike to take their own measurements; they know their own process. I'm not sure your plan for doing a custom setup like zards but for €400 is feasible, but you need to talk to a shop directly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts