Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some preliminary images and some info... systems will be shipped to us around the start of the year.

We plan to carry them with stainless collectors and carbon silencers or titanium collectors and carbon silencers. Both will have the option of carbon end caps as shown. In the images the collectors are titanium and silencers are aluminum.

Price for stainless/carbon is $1999 and titanium/carbon is $2880.

I'd love to hear some opinions on this exhaust...

·
Registered
312 Posts
I love it. It is so different. It makes me want and 1100 just to have that exhaust

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What rearsets are those?
Made by metaltech in Italy - they make beautiful products (that is their bike actually note the logo and name on the tank and frame). Boulder Motorsports carries their products here in the US. We might start as well because they were very impressive!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Love that the piping retains the 'through the frame' layout instead of under the sump. But I must admit, those cans would absolutely keep me from buying them; in my opinion they dont follow the lines of anything else on the bike at all -hideous.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I really don't mind the cans, but I definitely like the look of the Termi under sump exhaust plumbing vs. the stock or in this case the zard through the frame look.

Also, for the money, the termi is I think about the same price? (Our 1100s has the full termi) bought it used but think it was about $3k with the ecu??

Mark

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The termi system is $840 more for the equivelent item - stainless collectors with carbon silencers.

Termi - $2840
ZARD - $1999

The ZARD with titanium collectors is about the same price as the stainless termi - but there is no comparison as the materials are different and termi doesn't offer a titanium collector option.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
These are SICK!!!!!! man, kinda makes me want to get a monster just to get those pipes... awesome.

if only Zard could make more affordable pipes for my S1K biposto... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Love that the piping retains the 'through the frame' layout instead of under the sump. But I must admit, those cans would absolutely keep me from buying them; in my opinion they dont follow the lines of anything else on the bike at all -hideous.
+1 I thought i was the only one who thought they were kind of ugly. i prefer the traditional look.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Looks awesome, I just bought the Termi Titanium Kit and this looks way better. Thing is no ECU or racing air filter for all that money.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We can supply a filter and PCV (as soon as it is available for the M1100) and still have you $400 less than the Termi kit. In fact you could add the auto tunning kit for $249 more and still be less with a better map!

·
Registered
156 Posts
We can supply a filter and PCV (as soon as it is available for the M1100) and still have you $400 less than the Termi kit. In fact you could add the auto tunning kit for $249 more and still be less with a better map!
That would be a serious contender to the Termis...

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think the angular lines of the cans contradict the curved lines of the Monster's tank.

These new Zards look better on the Triumph Street Triple,

1 - 20 of 24 Posts