Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This weekend at EICMA ZARD has released a slew of exhausts... among them is the Streetfighter full system available in all stainless, stainless collectors with titanium silencers or full titanium collectors and silencers. All have carbon fiber end caps and two carbon fiber heat shields.

Here are some images of the homologated version (has O2 sensor, small cat and exhaust valve) - race kit doesn't have those items. I have more images and will post up a video tomorrow.

CLICK HERE FOR A VIDEO OF THIS EXHAUST (not running though!)

·
Registered
233 Posts
That does look sweet! I am anxious to hear how they sound!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
What's a "Strada Aperta"? Is that anything like the Multistrada 1200? :p
Same bike, originally they were going to change the name to Strada Aperta or Open Road but I believe they opted to keep the Multistrada tag adding the 1200cc

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
those zards look pretty darn cool... time for a sound bite...

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Come on, they will sound just find. You think they would make them sound horrible? So far the Zards always did sound very good.

·
Bon Vivant
11,229 Posts
Same bike, originally they were going to change the name to Strada Aperta or Open Road but I believe they opted to keep the Multistrada tag adding the 1200cc
I don't want to get all thread jacked here but for a moment...

"they" were never going to call it a Strada Aperta. That was an internet rumor that got out of hand.
Ducati insiders laughed for months over how stupid people believe anything they read :cool:

Now - please, more pics of the Zard Exhaust!!!

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
I don't want to get all thread jacked here but for a moment...

"they" were never going to call it a Strada Aperta. That was an internet rumor that got out of hand.
Ducati insiders laughed for months over how stupid people believe anything they read :cool:
Exactly.

I blame all the little bloggy bloggers who like to pass their opinions off as "news"... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Now those Zards are starting to look like something!! :):) .... much better than the other lame half hearted attempts at something different :sleep:. I mean how hard was this to do anyway??? Would love to see an all black version for the black bikes but this is a great improvement! Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sweettt!

I love what Zard did for the SC!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Cant wait to see some more pics. Does anyone know if they will be doing an all black version or a full carbon fiber version?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cant wait to see some more pics. Does anyone know if they will be doing an all black version or a full carbon fiber version?
No dice on full carbon version - just stainless or titanium with the carbon caps. ZARD will ceramic coat the exhaust in whatever color you like - including black. They had some white, black and a tan ceramic coated exhaust - very nice looking.

They are making a homologated version (which I'll be posting pictures of later today - uploading them now) as well as a race version.

The homologated version has an O2 sensor, smaller better looking cat and exhaust valve and with the OEM ECU they gained 9-10hp up to 6K rpm and 3-4hp at the top end while dropping a bunch of weight. Kind of cool for guys who don't want to change the ECU.

The race version is full open and with a proper tune makes even better power according to Walter (the designer).

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
wow great news....the only thing is that with these open exhausts you must tune the bike with some ecu like powercommander...with the termis you just change ecu and you are all done!

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wow great news....the only thing is that with these open exhausts you must tune the bike with some ecu like powercommander...with the termis you just change ecu and you are all done!
Yep, that's the "downside" to all the aftermarket exhausts... but when they are properly tuned properly it is so rewarding! The smooth power delivery and amazing roar of the motor is intoxicating!

Some of the Termi maps are NOT very good though so even they often need a power commander added. Though it is not just an issue with the map, but also due to differences in the bikes themselves.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts