Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with Zard exhausts? I'm thinking about getting the 60mm full system for my 05 999. Overall I like the looks - but not so pleased with the light mounting... What's the quality like? What does it sound like? Since they are so new and I will have a buy it mail-order (no local dealers) I will have to buy it sight unseen - and unheard.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I like the looks of it too and as far as i've heard, the quality is great.
They are made by former Termignoni engineers, so they should know what they are doing.

But check that link omegaman posted and you'll find more.
And you can email the US importer for details

If you get it, let us know what do you think of it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think they look horrible like the can got stung by a bee and had an allergic reaction or something. It just looks swollen. I saw one at the Long Beach show and the build quality is excellent but I just dont like the design. Just my two cents.

·
http://www.ducati-owners-group.c
2,008 Posts
Fairing Burner

The 57mm burns the fairing, I'll bet the 60mm system just blows a hole in the side of the fairing!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
brianmdavis said:
The 57mm burns the fairing, I'll bet the 60mm system just blows a hole in the side of the fairing!
I was wondering about that. I checked out the link listed above (thanks for that info) - it was really helpful. I called the distributor today. He of course claims that there is no problem with burning the fairing. Hmmm. I plan on ceramic coating the whole exhaust and wrapping the pipe where it comes close to the fairing (either Termignoni or Zard). That should alleviate any problem, I hope.

The claims they make about power improvement are quite impressive, but aren't they always?

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Another vote for the category of "The ugliest thing you can do to your motorcycle". Just doesn't "fit" the beautiful lines of the bike at all. See, look how pretty this is... Heck, the Remus cans even look better than the Zard/Leo/Akra systems. But, like it's been said before...IMO

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MV_999R said:
You're talking about the 57mm termi system, right?
Yes, there was a motorcycle mag (sport rider?) that featured an article with a 999R that had the 57mm full system installed. The pipe from the front cylinder scorched the lower part of the fairing. That this is a problem has been confirmed by vendors that I have contacted.

·
Registered
272 Posts
One of the customer's of Revoluzione here in Calgary purcahsed a Zard System for his 05 749. While not totally crazy on the looks of it, the sound is a nice bassy growl (as it should be). The fit and finish of the exhaust is top notch. Looks wise, well that is up to the individual owner. I personally am not fond it it preferring the Termi.

If you like I can get you his contact information if you would like to discuss it more with an actual owner.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
RobertVP said:
Yes, there was a motorcycle mag (sport rider?) that featured an article with a 999R that had the 57mm full system installed. The pipe from the front cylinder scorched the lower part of the fairing. That this is a problem has been confirmed by vendors that I have contacted.
Yes, but as far as i've read, the problem is with the dealer that installs the exhaust. If is not properly installed the Termi's will burn or melt the fairing.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I ended up going with Termgoni. Motowheels found me a 54mm system (since my bike is otherwise stock it should work very well on my bike) with a titanium cannister for a screaming hot price. The Zard seems to be a very efficient, well made piece, but from all the pictures that I have been able to scrounge up I decided that the Termignoni looks just that much better. Thanks to everyone for your input. I'll post pics and thoughts when I have the system mounted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts