Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Am not in the exhaust business but thought I share this with you guys. Slipon only for now but more to follow soon.
Still looking for a little more creativity from Zard and Akrapovic, looks like they just slip an existing pipe on. Would be nice to see some new crazy designs.....
Shoot Anthony a message since he does lot's of Zard stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I think the do it yourself that Blackie put together are better looking than those!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Am not in the exhaust business but thought I share this with you guys. Slipon only for now but more to follow soon.
Still looking for a little more creativity from Zard and Akrapovic, looks like they just slip an existing pipe on. Would be nice to see some new crazy designs.....
Personally I'd like to something smaller than stock with a different design element.

The Zard looks like a pipe they had laying around that they welded in place. Not a fan.

These might look interesting

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Two little shorty's like you can find for almost any Jap bike as GP style is what I would be looking for.
Seems like they are all a little lazy with just slapping some pipes on that they have laying around.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Agreed. These are all just thrown together..... any slip on just looks slightly different from stock, no big deal.

Those Zards do not suit the style of the bike. The Streetfighter is all angular and there are no other circular or conical shapes anywhere on it (wheels excluded of course). Nor is there a big mass of aluminum to match the finish. I won't go into a design treatise about the bike but suffice to say these are design inconsistencies that I cannot warm to.

I personally want one single, angular shaped slip on with a new pipe to solve the routing issue. One, because it will reveal more of the back wheel. Up high because it will reveal more wheel and look "racy" aka "sexy" and less busy at the back end. Shorter for the obvious reasons. Angular in cross section (trapezoidal) to suit the angular style of the entire bike. It will require a new pipe anyway since it will only be one canister not two so I will try to route it a little different.

This is what I will be building along with a new pipe route. It will be black to match the color of the rest of the bike. A "machined from billet" (solid) end cap with some decorative effect like serrations or spikes and grooves etc to finish off the end. Maybe slash cut as well...... Need to get my bike before I can start tho'...... soon hopefully.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts