Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The battery finder tool on the Yuasa website doesn't list the SC. Anyone fitted a Yuasa battery? If so, can you please list the model.

thanks heaps,
Stephen

·
Registered
642 Posts
YT12B-BS

It's the standard model for most Ducatis.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Is this a gel-cell? I'm in need of a new battery and I'm looking for a gel-cell. Brand? Model #?
Not a gel, but an AGM. Gels are much more finicky about charging anyway. I wouldn't chance one with our unreliable regulators. AGM's are a lot more hardy, at least the Odyssey ones are.

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Yes, after looking at the Yuasa (how does one pronounce that?) web site I see that the battery in question is AGM. No biggie.

At this moment the new battery will be going on the bike with the stock RR. I then need to figure out mounting for the new MOSFET RR I have on my workbench :D

This week I'll see if the CEL flickering and engine dieing is due to the current battery (problem solved) or with the stock RR (problem still exists). Right now my area has a rain storm alert for tomorrow and not much chance of sun shine for a few days :(

·
Registered
579 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I have the Bikemaster TruGel--had to get a new battery due to R/R failure and deep discharge (and 4 years old). In telecom we use gel cells for backup power and they are the cat's meow.
Also, I had a coupon from CycleGear that helped with the price.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Wasn't there a thread a while back, a long while back, comparing aftermarket battery weights? IIRC there were a few batteries out there that were significantly lighter than the OEM battery. I'm not talking about Speedcell or homemade lithium-whatever battery packs, but "traditional" batteries that weighed several pounds less than the OEM.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have the Bikemaster TruGel--had to get a new battery due to R/R failure and deep discharge (and 4 years old). In telecom we use gel cells for backup power and they are the cat's meow.
Also, I had a coupon from CycleGear that helped with the price.
Performance wise do you think it's better?
coupons.. umm...! sounds interesting ha

is it better than the Monsterparts, 89 dollars?

·
Banned
210 Posts
Mine finaly carked it after 3 years, and I bought a chinese one for $45 AU , I thought stuff it , even if it lasts a year is good value , if it doesnt well what did I expect for that price, worth a try though ;) .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts