Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently on Pirelli Rosso Corsa III's. Not entirely in love with them. Really don't have a lot confidence in these they don't really give me much feed back. I have Michelin Pilot Power 2ct's on my Monster and they give great feedback, completely different bikes I know. I see a lot of people on the later Superbikes with the Bridgestones, thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Currently on Pirelli Rosso Corsa III's. Not entirely in love with them. Really don't have a lot confidence in these they don't really give me much feed back. I have Michelin Pilot Power 2ct's on my Monster and they give great feedback, completely different bikes I know. I see a lot of people on the later Superbikes with the Bridgestones, thoughts?
Pilot Power 2CTs are what I use. I like them more than the Pirellis.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I rode mostly street so I ride the Michelin Pilot Road. My favorite version is the 2 but they make up to the 5 now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I run rosso 3’s and going to use supercorsa’s at the track. I’m interested to see what other people’s choices are as well. I had a set of Mich PP3’s on my streetfighter, and they never impressed me. Stepped out on me twice.

·
Premium Member
5,656 Posts
Q3 for me. Inexpensive, have a yearly rebate making them even more inexpensive. Last about as long as any other sport tire. Like how they feel on the street.

More importantly, what oil to use????>:)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have Michelin Power RSs on my 998 street/track bike and my 748/853 track bike. Great all around tire and you can find them for ~$270 a set.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Q3 for me. Inexpensive, have a yearly rebate making them even more inexpensive. Last about as long as any other sport tire. Like how they feel on the street.

More importantly, what oil to use????>:)
I use the Q3 on the street and track. Great tire for a great price if you buy them at the right time.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have the Corsa IIIs on my 998 and love them. Seems like a setup issue. Have you set sag?
I don't hate them I just like the Michelin Pilot 2ct's on my Monster better. It's hard to compare since the bikes are so much different so to say it's the tire itself is harder to quantify. There seem to be a number of people running the Pilots on their 9xx series bikes and like them. To be honest what got me thinking about this was that Performance Bikes did a tire test and the III's were down at the bottom of their list. I rarely take any testing done by mags to heart but I had already been questioning the tires. The other thing I guess I should have added is my street tire pressures are 32.5/F 35.5/R on the Pirelli's.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Got my 748 with bt16pro. Good grip and not expensive as it is old staff. Michelin make my bike going side to side in cornerings from half to tyre life so? As long as can get a pair of bt i'll keep them. ✌

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
I can’t believe no one has mentioned the Pilot Road 5’s! They rock. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
185 Posts
Depends on what kind of driver you are..
If you are fast rider then rosso corsa. Good grip and decent mileage.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
OP- do you mean Diablo Rosso III?

Pirelli have only recently released the Diablo Rosso Corsa II. Competes with the Michelin Power RS as street tire that can be ridden on the track.

Just bought a set for my 916 ($400 all up here in Ontario) so will let you know how they go.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts