Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Looks like you're up near the fire area (not the one in LA, I recognize the area), hope it didn't get too close...either one, for that matter.

Cagers really don't get it. Just explain to them you have to make sure your battery gets fully charged and you get all the moisture from your exhaust. :D

Take care...and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like you're up near the fire area (not the one in LA, I recognize the area), hope it didn't get too close...either one, for that matter.

Cagers really don't get it. Just explain to them you have to make sure your battery gets fully charged and you get all the moisture from your exhaust. :D

Take care...and enjoy the ride,
Greg
Seriously, there have been so many fires up here recently that I'm loosing track. In the last year, I've been evacuated twice. The Tea Fire actually swept through the college where I work and burned a good chunk of the campus. I call the Gibraltar Rd and West/East Mountain drive portions of that route the Santa Barbara Badlands. I looks like you're riding on Mars. Not to worry though. A little bit of rain (and several mudslides) and it'll all be green again.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Seriously, there have been so many fires up here recently that I'm loosing track. In the last year, I've been evacuated twice. The Tea Fire actually swept through the college where I work and burned a good chunk of the campus. I call the Gibraltar Rd and West/East Mountain drive portions of that route the Santa Barbara Badlands. I looks like you're riding on Mars. Not to worry though. A little bit of rain (and several mudslides) and it'll all be green again.
The Tea fire was a real mess. You must work at Westmont? It damaged lots of buildings there, broke my niece's heart (she graduated the spring before).

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you are going to do all that... why even bother with the freeway. Go through hope ranch or something :p.

The ride looks totally reasonable to me, I go way out of my way to go up Old San Marcos.

·
Premium Member
12,321 Posts
I go 180 feet to the end of the driveway , see which way the traffic is going ,head either left or right , Rarely ever have a planned route . Thats normal right?

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you are going to do all that... why even bother with the freeway. Go through hope ranch or something :p.

The ride looks totally reasonable to me, I go way out of my way to go up Old San Marcos.
True. I find myself terrorizing Hope Ranch often :D I actually just took Old San Marcos for the first time last week. Fun road and nicely paved. Have you continued on across the 154 to Painted Cave rd? That road has some of the craziest turns I've ever seen! Take the sharpest hair pin imaginable and add a 30 degree incline. Whew.

The Tea fire was a real mess. You must work at Westmont? It damaged lots of buildings there, broke my niece's heart (she graduated the spring before).
Oh cool. I work in the IT department there. Wouldn't be surprised if I worked on her computer at some point (I'm an 03 grad myself). It was a pretty surreal event but hings are pretty much back together and running again.

·
Registered
81 Posts
True. I find myself terrorizing Hope Ranch often :D I actually just took Old San Marcos for the first time last week. Fun road and nicely paved. Have you continued on across the 154 to Painted Cave rd? That road has some of the craziest turns I've ever seen! Take the sharpest hair pin imaginable and add a 30 degree incline. Whew.

Oh cool. I work in the IT department there. Wouldn't be surprised if I worked on her computer at some point (I'm an 03 grad myself). It was a pretty surreal event but hings are pretty much back together and running again.

I have been on Painted Cave, but just a slow scenic ride.... Too narrow for my liking, that and all the very blind corners. There are a couple nice spots for bouldering just off the road.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I haven't done ACH on the Hyper yet. Why not just turn around at Big Pines and do it all in reverse. Wait, only Goldwings and Boss Hoss have reverse :D

Is it back open since the fires and all?

I have been on Painted Cave, but just a slow scenic ride.... Too narrow for my liking, that and all the very blind corners. There are a couple nice spots for bouldering just off the road.
I didn't say I enjoyed it.

I just went to your site and saw the bio page. Ha! I had a similar experience lighting my gas grill a couple days ago. Surprised I still have eyebrows.

·
Banned
71 Posts
turning around isnt a bad idea haha, but nope i saw an article on the la times website that it could be 3 months until the crest is open because theres 4 miles of guardrail sitting ont he ground

1 - 14 of 14 Posts