Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Been watching this, need to strip my 08 after almost 50,000 miles. Showing some wear and tear

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hes a nice boloke....i am interested to see how the rattle cans shape up though....when it comes to engine cases for me its down to the crnkcses and recoat....with eithr xylan or cerakote...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,427 Posts
OMG . You don’t “restore” 12 year old motorcycles. You fix and maintain them.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Mine needs it after riding the hell out of it! I need to clean up the pantina of the road. Plus Ducati engine finish doesn't weather very well. So working on my 20 year old Monster and my Hyper. Want to dip the clutch cover or go with an open clutch. Thinking about removing belt covers! Watch your fingers and lose clothes. Have the hand made stainless exhaust done on the Hyper. Not sure where I'm going with it. But I'm going with an industrial look with the Monster. Time I have, money I don't Lol!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hes a nice boloke....i am interested to see how the rattle cans shape up though....when it comes to engine cases for me its down to the crnkcses and recoat....with eithr xylan or cerakote...

Well here is the answero_O

·
Registered
544 Posts
My own previous experience of rattle can work ( here in the uk )....as soon as it hits a salty winters road itll get stripped off but...always the optimist i hope that one day im proved wrong...which is why i paid 600 to have my whole engine cerakoted....2 years on and 2 winters....nothing has flaked off...along with a ton of other stuff that was done at the same time...

·
Registered
544 Posts
Dont want to give anything away (keep you all in suspense) was chatting with him the other day - the engine has taken a different direction re the finish (in a really good way)!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts