Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
why, oh why, do they insist on putting pillon pads on these types of motorcycles :think:

definitely a different look....interesting side fairing vents, almost look like gills.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
What's with the headlights? From the front it looks like it just got poked in the eye.

·
Flavor of the Month
2,359 Posts
Hahaha, yeah, they messed that up pretty bad. Gills only on one side? I thought the WSBK looked ok though.

·
Registered
792 Posts
This looks like a pretty balanced design to me, it has a design continuity to it and I think it'll age pretty well. Also, 190+ horsepower and around 400 pounds dry sounds like fun. The black version looks particularly sinister to me.

My current favorite BMW is still the HP2 Sport, or maybe the F800GS depending on my mood.

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
426 Posts
I wonder if they were going for a "Two-Face" kind of look...

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
It's the Doublemint bike, it's two-two-two bikes in one! It looks good in black from the left side.
The tech on it is pretty cool though. Supposed to price competitively with the Japanese bikes too!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Well that's definantly different. Apparently they had two designers and they couldn't come to an agreement so they ended up with this basterdized POS. I like the basic design but I think they went too far with the headlights.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was really hoping they would put the duolever suspension on it and bring something new to the sport bike world. The way it is going I think it is safe to say Ducati will have a non telescopic suspension on their GP bike in a few years and then perhaps on their superbikes a few years later. They seem to be pushing the envelope a lot with the carbon GP9.

Also, I can take the headlight but WTF is with that exhaust; looks like its from the Ninja 250. Obviously Ducati can build a beautiful and functional exhaust so why can't the bloody Germans?

Supposedly it will be priced within a $1000 of the Japanese. Probably without ABS, heated grips, heated seats, GPS, bags, cruise control :rolleyes:

·
Buzzing the tower
996 Posts
Fugly. Poked in the eye, a wink, or a pirate with an eyepatch?

:eek:
+1 on the fugly comment. That's all I was thinkin' while reading thru this thread... fugly!

And the front looks like it lost in a bar fight. :eek:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well that's definantly different. Apparently they had two designers and they couldn't come to an agreement so they ended up with this basterdized POS. I like the basic design but I think they went too far with the headlights.
"Basterized Piece of shit"?? Sure its not great looking but 400 pounds, 190hp, radial mount Brembos, forged aluminum wheels, optional ABS and DTC all in the price range of the Jap I4s, if this sounds like a piece of shit to you I would love to know what you consider a good motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
It doesn't surprise me that BMW designed a fugly bike. Not the first time. It's just that the WSB bike version actually looks good. Why can't this one? I guess it looked a little too Japanese, so they had to Beemerfy it.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts