·
Registered
1,678 Posts
shameful.

ever heard the song that goes: "these boots were made for walkin'..."

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
I have a GT1000 that I keep in my office inside a plastic case.

It's just a scale model though. :D

I think that's what this guy should have bought...

Debby

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shameful.

ever heard the song that goes: "these boots were made for walkin'..."
I like "ride 'em.. don't hide 'em".
But if there aren't a few people tucking them away like this then there won't be anything for me to gawk at when I go to the motorcycle museums.

Debby - yeah.. when I first saw it I thought he'd gotten an AUTOart

·
Registered
152 Posts
I bought my PS in Feb 09 for $7200.. the dealer had 2. I just saw the other back at a Harley dealer on Wednesday for $7500. I think the ebay price is high glass enclosed or not.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Doesn't the glass case limit cornering clearance?? :think: / :D

I know several people with MH900e's that never see the road ... what a shame; they miss out on so much fun. Three years ago, my wife felt I was putting too many miles on the Hailwood and suggested to add another bike to the stable. The MHe now has 18.2K miles on the odometer and the Sport 14.5K. And even more smiles on my face.

My only "compromise" the bikes get to "sleep" under a blanket .... I'm too cheap to buy fancy covers; fleece blankets from Target sewn together work great.

RonB

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Triple900, where was the dealer you saw the Paul Smart at?
when these bikes first came out, the pleasure I got from looking at them was more than I could say for any other motorcycle I had ever seen.

The pleasure I get from riding my SC is like nothing on earth. i rode a 1098. awesome, but too fast and very precise. I had a harley, I ended up taxing it and rode it too hard and it was dangerous. Rode a bonnie (not a vintage) and was bored. I ride my friend's 1977 CB 400 four often and it reminds me of the simple pleasure of being on two wheels and not worrying what kind of wheels, suspensions, brakes, steering damper etc, it has... I've had many dirt bikes, from 80ccs to a (very scary) CR500: pure adrenaline...

anyway, all this to say that my SC... well... I feel like a more complete person after a long ride. Like I'm living my life the way I've always wanted to live it.

why keep it in a glass box?

·
Registered
503 Posts
I would give my left nut now to have a pristine 400/4....I had a newbie that cost $1340 Kangaroo dollars...and man was it fast...and handle....sweet as....

I wonder if the memory is sweeter than the ride ?

DGJ....tell me...are they still fun now...I reckon they were a great bike...and I had 2 of them....I drowned the first!

Cheers Roger

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
off topic: CB400FII

roggt1000 said:
I would give my left nut now to have a pristine 400/4 ....
Don't know what the going rate for left nuts is down under, Roger, but this one is still available for less: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&its=I%2BC&itu=UCI&otn=10&ps=63#ht_500wt_1180

PM me if you're interested and I will send you contact info for the seller. No, I am not affiliated with the seller and do not stand to profit from any sale. The bike is located close to where I live and I was (still am) very interested in this one. But not at the asking price. Mike (the seller) didn't disclose his reserve and my best guess is that it is $6,000 (American dollars). That's more than double what I paid for my then new '78 CB400FII

RonB

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
My Paul Smart is sitting in my shop covered with bugs from yesterday's ride. :D

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
when these bikes first came out, the pleasure I got from looking at them was more than I could say for any other motorcycle I had ever seen.

The pleasure I get from riding my SC is like nothing on earth. i rode a 1098. awesome, but too fast and very precise. I had a harley, I ended up taxing it and rode it too hard and it was dangerous. Rode a bonnie (not a vintage) and was bored. I ride my friend's 1977 CB 400 four often and it reminds me of the simple pleasure of being on two wheels and not worrying what kind of wheels, suspensions, brakes, steering damper etc, it has... I've had many dirt bikes, from 80ccs to a (very scary) CR500: pure adrenaline...

anyway, all this to say that my SC... well... I feel like a more complete person after a long ride. Like I'm living my life the way I've always wanted to live it.

Very well said.

·
Registered
642 Posts
if you love it...set it free...
The damn glass case broke when the 848 moved in.

Too much stuff in the garage so they are in the house. And, yes Justin's theory of: (Ducati in living room) = (no girlfriend) is sadly true at the moment.

Not sure what to do about that. Craiglist maybe. Seeking relationship with a female Ducati owner, send picture of Ducati???

Attachments

·
Mr. Excitement
233 Posts

You said it, Brother...

RpM

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
It's like having a chastity belt on your wife/ gf. I suppose I would call that a chastity box

1 - 20 of 24 Posts