Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,310 Posts
No offense but it would be way more freakin' awesome to take that thing out on the road and ride the snot out of it like it was intended to be rather than just sitting around watching it collect dust.

Gotta admit that it is a purdy bike though.

·
Premium Member
5,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No offense but it would be way more freakin' awesome to take that thing out on the road and ride the snot out of it like it was intended to be rather than just sitting around watching it collect dust.
Ah Stosh... but I do ride it sir, although whether or not I push it hard enough to say I "ride the snot out of it" is kind of subjective, that definition is probably different for each of us... ;)

My office is on the ground floor of my house, and those are sliding doors in the background of the pic. I took that pic this afternoon just before I took it out for an hour long blast around Mystic/Noank/Stonington. We are enjoying what are potentially the last really warm, really nice days of early fall... 70's today, no humidity, nice breeze, mostly clear sky.

Gotta admit that it is a purdy bike though.
Thank you sir... I appreciate that. This was not however, a self serving, fishing for complements kind of thread. Let me explain...

In the late afternoon, when the sun is just right in the back yard, the light coming through those windows makes the bike look so fucking awesome. The subtle colors bouncing off of all of the painted and gloss cf surfaces... I was "compelled" to take that pic. However, I hesitated starting this thread, as I didn't want it to be off-putting to any of you guys. But I did, because I know I am not alone in this... I know that the bulk of us here see these things as more than just a two wheeled conveyance. We take pride in maintaining these machines in as close to pristine condition as is practical, given that they are not museum pieces. And every once in a while, I just look at it, and appreciate what a beautiful machine it is, and remember how lucky I am to have it.

I just wanted to share that...

·
Senior Narcissista
5,737 Posts
Sigh... I thought we settled this a long time ago. Yellow is statistically the faster of the two colors... Geez. And I would add that George would be very disappointed in you two...

Go to your rooms this instant!
Im weak for yellow too, and I feel kind of silly in perspective as I bought my sps in yellow 748sps fairing, but traded it for a red set of 748R, didnt know better at the time.
Looking to make a new set in yellow for coming season!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
In the late afternoon, when the sun is just right in the back yard, the light coming through those windows makes the bike look so fucking awesome. The subtle colors bouncing off of all of the painted and gloss cf surfaces... I was "compelled" to take that pic. ey are not museum pieces. And every once in a while, I just look at it, and appreciate what a beautiful machine it is, and remember how lucky I am to have it.

I just wanted to share that...
Glad it's not just me that feels that way. I kept my carby 900SS up on a rear stand in my garage and I can't tell you how many times I paused over the years walking by it just to LOOK at it, drink in the lines, the color, the notched single saddle, the way it looked in various lights.... always made me want to ride it, particularly in the middle of the long cold winter. I recently traded it for a multi, which outperforms it in every department, but which is not (to me at least) nearly as attractive a bike (and it's black). I'll take Ducati sportbike lines any day of the week.

I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I sure see it in Massimo Tamburini's designs, there are very few other works of art that affect me so profoundly... maybe the perfect marriage of form and function.

Or I'm just a bike nerd with a soft spot for Ducatis.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Italian Furniture! Who knew?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts