Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled the trigger last night and rode home with my new Ti MS. Then tossed the GF on the back and did a little 60 mile ride! What an amazing machine!

Few comments on my first 60:

1. The rear spring is too soft. The GF and I are 'americans' and enjoy our food! Riding two up is a bit much on the bike. What spring rate should I put on the bike to get it working better? (yes, I was in two up with luggage, touring mode)

2. I'd like to do an exhaust and am leaning toward the Arrow. (LMS has 4 full systems in stock). What's the best way to tune the bike for the new exhaust? Add on power module? Dyno tuning? Leave it stock?

3. I understand what everyone has been talking about with the windshield. I'm shorter (and slouch a bit when I ride), so I can put the windshield up to it's highest point and the windstream hits the top of my helmet, where the visor and helmet come together. That doesn't bother me, but it pisses the GF off!! I will probably leave it since she has her own bike to ride anyway.

4. I really hope that my driving record will stay spotless but not really sure I can make that happen. The bike is easy to put miles on and is able to exceed the speed limits so effortlessly that it's a bit on the scary side.

5. I've done the searching, but still am undecided. What BT helmet comm system does everyone like? I want the feature of talking to multiple people at once (my whole family rides.. dad is picking his 1600GTL up today for his bday). I'd like to get custom ear pieces molded with some high quality audio drivers and I'd like them to be reliable (duh!). Opinions, please?

All in all, I'm quite pleased with my latest purchase. Glad to join the MTS ranks!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Pulled the trigger last night and rode home with my new Ti MS. Then tossed the GF on the back and did a little 60 mile ride! What an amazing machine!
Welcome! You're going to love it!

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
I just had my suspension reworked and have to say it was the best bang for the buck yet. Do the fork springs while your at it. I have the Scala Rider 4s. They (Scala) are supposed to upgrade us to the new ones for a slight fee. I have several buddies who have them and my gf likes them. They have good range, are easy to pair and the batteries last a long time.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. I'm just a couple hours south of you and Enjoying my Multi as well.

1. I think there is only one spring rate available for the rear. 100nm maybe?

2. Exhaust is a nice upgrade. I went With the Leo Vince midpipe and kept the stock muffler. It sounds nice and removed quite a bit of weight. Right now I have fatducs fitted to help with the fuel but I will probably send an ecu off to get flashed this week (I have a spare).

3. Trial and error is the best plan of attack. I'm 6'4 and running the Vstream sport. I like it. It's much better than stock but there is still room for improvement.

4. Discipline my friend... Easier said than done.

5. I recently spent weeks researching the same thing. Ended up buying the sena smh-10. No regrets.

Enjoy.
-Mark

Few comments on my first 60:

1. The rear spring is too soft. The GF and I are 'americans' and enjoy our food! Riding two up is a bit much on the bike. What spring rate should I put on the bike to get it working better? (yes, I was in two up with luggage, touring mode)

2. I'd like to do an exhaust and am leaning toward the Arrow. (LMS has 4 full systems in stock). What's the best way to tune the bike for the new exhaust? Add on power module? Dyno tuning? Leave it stock?

3. I understand what everyone has been talking about with the windshield. I'm shorter (and slouch a bit when I ride), so I can put the windshield up to it's highest point and the windstream hits the top of my helmet, where the visor and helmet come together. That doesn't bother me, but it pisses the GF off!! I will probably leave it since she has her own bike to ride anyway.

4. I really hope that my driving record will stay spotless but not really sure I can make that happen. The bike is easy to put miles on and is able to exceed the speed limits so effortlessly that it's a bit on the scary side.

5. I've done the searching, but still am undecided. What BT helmet comm system does everyone like? I want the feature of talking to multiple people at once (my whole family rides.. dad is picking his 1600GTL up today for his bday). I'd like to get custom ear pieces molded with some high quality audio drivers and I'd like them to be reliable (duh!). Opinions, please?

All in all, I'm quite pleased with my latest purchase. Glad to join the MTS ranks!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I have logged about 200 miles on the bike so far. I'm more impressed with it the more I ride it! Stable, fast, comfortable ... did I mention fast?

How did y'all break yours in? I'm in urban mode and will take it to 6k occasionally. Sport mode is fun but just encourages hooligan riding. Touring is comfy yet still fast. Urban I think will be my daily rider mode, just to keep me from losing my license (I have very little self control!).

Oh, it completely turns heads too. I was sitting in a parking lot, chatting on the phone with a friend this evening while the GF was using the restroom in a store. While the GF was gone, a cute girl made about 4 passes in her car, waving each time and getting closer n closer. She looked a little miffed when the GF came out and hopped on the bike. Oops!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Welcome, you should have gotten the white one as everyone knows they are faster. :) You can get optional springs but did you try changing the load settings first (is it an S)? If so press and hold the turn signal cancel button for 3-4 seconds and the load menu will come up, press the same button to toggle down and select two helmets with luggage and see how that goes. You can also go into the sub menues and modify the stock presets for more compression and preload and save them.

As far the as exhaust I'm in the same boat, the termignoni system seems like a no brainer plug and play except for the cost.

Ducati Multistrada Termignoni Complete 2-into-1 Racing Exhaust System 96459510B | eBay

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, we're riding in 2 up with bags mode. I haven't went in and modified the spring preload settings, but quite honestly, I think the spring is maxed out with us on it. More spring pre load will just get into coil bind earlier. I could be wrong and I'll give it a try at some point in the near future.

I thought about the Termi system, but quite honestly, <flame suit>I am not a fan of the sound</flame suit>. I much prefer the sound of the Arrow system. That could be a result of the youtube videos I've watched though! I do love the idea of a 'plug & play' system however.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Just wanted to say welcome. I have absolutely no knowledge about the multi but am an Az guy and mosey so I float around all over the place on this forum.

On the Termi-Arrow war, I have had Termis on all of my other Ducatis until my S4Rt. Bought Arrows to try something different and have to say I am done drinking the Termi kool-aid. Fit, finish, and price are leaps and bounds over Termi. Termi quality has just dropped off as of late IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts