Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't seem to find anything that answers my question when I searched, so........I was looking into a few cheap parts for my bike (97 916) and I was checking out FBF and their EPROM chip. So the question is, is this part really worth it? Cause I'm pretty sure they don't make any kind of power commander for my bike cause I've looked for one before. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
462 Posts
They don't list a PCIII for the 916, but surely the 748 one would work, just have it mapped at your local dyno.

Having said that, I have a FIM chip and a PCIII and there are arguments to fit both - the PCIII only does fuelling adjustments but is easier to find someone to tune, (and it enables you to fit a quickshifter), but the chip is at least capable of altering timing/rev limiter as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I still haven't decided what to go with yet, but I did find a power commander from FBF that says works with the 916 so I might go with that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I don't know about the PC III...do not have any experience with em on a Duc. If you can find someone who has the equipment and is good at programming an FIM chip...it is a great way to go. It's the setup I have and I'm extemely happy with the guy who did the work in tuning mine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Team_Bob said:
I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't seem to find anything that answers my question when I searched, so........I was looking into a few cheap parts for my bike (97 916) and I was checking out FBF and their EPROM chip. So the question is, is this part really worth it? Cause I'm pretty sure they don't make any kind of power commander for my bike cause I've looked for one before. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.
Does your bike have the 1.6M computer? or the P8?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts