Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was cleaning the HM yesterday, noting all the yellow paint marks on bolts and whatnot, to discover my oil filter had the same yellow paint mark.

Do dealers use the same paint mark as the factory? My initial response was they haven't even changed the filter yet or is this something new about throwing some yellow paint on it? Do filters come with this paint on it? I never had this on my 996 or on any new filter...

Dana

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
So I was cleaning the HM yesterday, noting all the yellow paint marks on bolts and whatnot, to discover my oil filter had the same yellow paint mark.

Do dealers use the same paint mark as the factory? My initial response was they haven't even changed the filter yet or is this something new about throwing some yellow paint on it? Do filters come with this paint on it? I never had this on my 996 or on any new filter...

Dana
Usually the paint marks dabbed on bolts and nuts from the factory is their way of marking that the part has been torqued correctly. I'm sure some technicians have their own method of marking something to remind themselves that they've torqued it, but I doubt there's any kind of standard for all the dealers, or even within an individual dealership technicians. I know at our Ferrari dealership the techs all have their methods.

I don't recall seeing any marks on my oil filter, but I didn't do the 600 mile service, and the dealer that did didn't mark the filter.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's a pic of the filter. I thought only filters from the factory have the nut on the oil filter.

Can anyone confirm replacement OEM filters do not have the nut or have they updated this to including the nut?

Dana

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
That's a K&N filter. You can see the logo just to the left of the mark.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holy Crap! You're Right!

Cleaned it up a little more and sure as heck it is.

They put on K&N's at the factory! (just kidding)

Interesting the Ducati dealer here in Japan actually put on a K&N.

Nice call dragoon!

Dana

1 - 5 of 5 Posts