Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the factory put thread locker on the rod ends?,I found my adjuster was set all the way together w/no threads showing,I went to raise it after a sprocket change and that thing was almost impossible to turn(yes I had the lock nuts loose),after heating it up w/a heat gun I finally got it to turn but the force even with a standard size 22mm wrench I felt was excessive it even made some scrunching sounds like I was cutting threads,I finally got freed up somewhat turning it back and fourth a bunch of times while squirting liquid wrench at it.Knowing the importance of this part Iam a little worried.
Was this normal?
Should I get a new one?

Rich

·
Registered
228 Posts
Had the same problem with my bike. I found if you get pressure off of the bike by hanging the bike up in the air its easier to turn.

Also Ive taking my height adjuster off the bike and put it in a soft jaw-vice. I can get more leverage on it out of the bike.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I have been unable to change mine on my bike. In the end took it off and replaced it with a pre loved item :)
Even off the bike and in a vice intending to destroy it I have been unable to move it.

SF

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
They seize up pretty quickly, no lube from factory. Best thing to do, pull it off the bike when new, put in a vice remove heim joints, pack with antiseize; repeat annually.

Just this weekend, I went to pull the joints off a spare adjuster that had been cleaned and packed a couple years ago. With zero use, the joints had seized to the point that I had to torch the rod off the joints.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

well I feel better now thank you for the replies,I was thinking maybe I screwed something up.

Rich

1 - 5 of 5 Posts