Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the steering lock pad and the steering damper. This is for the sach damper. Anyone know the screws and washers i need to secure the damper? I have a 999 so it has the mount on the frame already.

I think i need two screws and maybe a few washers, one screw for the center that connects to the steering lock pad and one for the end that connects to the frame. If possible i rather just pick these up at a local hardware store rather then wait weeks for them from ducati.

I need both pitch and size of each. I'm guessing since this is a european bike it use's metric size screws (M1, M2, M3, etcc...)

(i tired parts catalog but it doesn't list the specs of screws/washer)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I recall, they are M6. I can look tomorrow.

Tom
Could you? They are M6, but i tried screwing them down with m6 and a washer between the damper mount (not screw side) and it doesn't work correctly.

What is suppose to sit between the damper and triple, and damper and frame mount? I tried adding a few washers but the damper doesn't "balance" right, it sits on the key side and drips down that side. I have to be missing something.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Attached is a diagram of the boge steering damper from the workshop manual.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts