Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a fuel filter for my 749. Any online sources? I am sure the duc dealer has one.. but its 70miles from where I live. I tried browsing MotoWheels, for some reason it's blocked under "$ex" category at work... this is new :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got my last one from a guy on here that has an ebay store but can't remember his name. Search on ebay, he also sells the o-ring you most definitely will need.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
NAPA. Yes, NAPA autoparts. DO NOT shell out the money for a Ducati fuel filter. I forgot the part number, but I think there's a list in the Hall of Wisdom with a cross reference of all the auto filters that will work. If you can't find it and have a few days (I'm out of town right now) I'll get the part number for you.

You will also most likely not need the o-ring for the pump assembly. I've had around 10 (best guess) pump assemblies apart and never replaced an o-ring and never had one leak. Just use some light grease when putting it back together and take your time to get it in even and straight.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got my last one from a guy on here that has an ebay store but can't remember his name. Search on ebay, he also sells the o-ring you most definitely will need.
Thanks Nick. I couldn't find a listing for a fuel-filter, but found someone who is selling the o-ring. Looks like he has an after-market fuel-filter for $6.

·
Registered
116 Posts
LT Snyder, DesmoTimes, recommends the NAPA 3032 and sells them here:
http://www.desmotimes.com/
or go to NAPA yourself and save a little. One thing you have to do is deal with the grounding wire since the plastic OEM filter has a tab that a screw fastens to. I used a large hose clamp around the metal Napa fuel filter and drilled a small hole in the strap to secure the filter and wire. I'll see if I can dig up the picture of it if you need to see the detail. Alternatively, you can cut the tab off and use it as the nut instead.

·
Registered
382 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts