Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
i have been looking at a few used exhausts for my 749, and was wondering if all 749/999 exhausts were interchangeable? mostly the can only, not the pipes. as far as pipes, are all 749 years the same fit?
It depends on what system. If you are using the asymmetric systems then yes, the cans are interchangeable with the stock piping. But, if you are using the full systems, the mufflers are not interchangeable with the stock piping. If you want stock piping, or a stock rear pipe and aftermarket midpipe, then you need the asymmetric muffler. The pipes for the full aftermarket systems are different between 03-04 and 05-06, and also whether there is a deep sump motor involved. The factory piping is the same for all years as far as I know.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
i have an 04 749, so if i get just a termi can(half system), any will bolt up to my pipes?
If it is the half system can then it should fit. The half systems used a stock fitment that replaced the midpipe with a pipe that did not have a Cat in it, so the shape was the same. A while back I had a 749Dark and I bought the Leo Vince midpipe for it but no muffler, and it bolted right up to the stock muffler, so with the same reasoning, the aftermarket muffler designed for that style midpipe will fit the factory piping. If I was you I would find a midpipe also. With the termi can you are getting rid of the rear bank cat, but without the aftermarket midpipe you still have the front bank cat. The Leo Vince midpipe will work with the Termi can and it is about $200.
Get it here: http://www.exoticsportbike.com/749_999_(03-04).htm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts