Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy need help, have a XDiavel S 2016 and it an amazing bike. Never had issues till last week when it wouldn’t go above 7,000rpm. It starts fine, idles fine even when parked it will rev till 8-9rpm. It pulls all the way from 1,000rom to 7rpm fine but cuts or loses power. Can here a choking sound from the tank. Cleaned the petrol tank, cleaned the injectors, changed spark plugs, cleaned the intake flaps, changed the crankshaft sensor. Even replaced the another tank and fuel pump from by friends bike which is same as mine still have the problem. Need help and advise or if anyone has experienced this please reach out. Thanks

·
Registered
437 Posts
Check the flapper valve in the exhaust. You’ll have similar issues if it gets stuck closed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi went to check and the cable that controls the exhaust value was in very bad shape. Cos it’s under the bike I didn’t notice n we have big high speed rumps in GH so apparently cable must be stuck. Why would Ducati put that under there. Was also able to get a diagnostic machine and it read exactly that code. So I’ve ordered a new cable which is $30. Cant wait to get it and replace so I get my power back. I’ll definitely let you know. Thanks a lot.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi would it cause any problems if I remove the flaps completely for the exhaust? It was completely stuck and rusted. Sure the heavy rains, water on roads and washing bike caused it to rust so bad. To much dirt here so you always have to clean bike.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I was going to suggest it may be the flapper that's stuck and not just a dodgy cable.....

It's default position is wide open, it's spring loaded so if you disconnect the cable once you clean up the flapper to get it moving freely it will stay open with no cable attached.

You could then un plug the motor and remove it and the cable completely, forgetting all about it, you just need a little module that plugs into the harness to stop it throwing a code and keep the wiring loom sealed up from crap.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks I removed the cable and then oiled the value and a bit of hitting got it back to open fully. Took it for a spin and it was spitting like she use to. Was soo relieved. Put the smile back on my face. I’ve already ordered a new cable and value motor but will take ur advice and scrap it completely. Please give me more details on which module to get so I turn off the check engine light. ?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Thanks I removed the cable and then oiled the value and a bit of hitting got it back to open fully. Took it for a spin and it was spitting like she use to. Was soo relieved. Put the smile back on my face. I’ve already ordered a new cable and value motor but will take ur advice and scrap it completely. Please give me more details on which module to get so I turn off the check engine light. ?
Servo Buddy

Here's a link to Revzilla so you can see what it is, not sure where you can get one locally but it might help?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hi would it cause any problems if I remove the flaps completely for the exhaust? It was completely stuck and rusted. Sure the heavy rains, water on roads and washing bike caused it to rust so bad. To much dirt here so you always have to clean bike.
Damn, do you keep your bike outside? Can't imagine the exhaust rusting that badly simply from riding in the rain. Then again, I live in Arizona - I don't ride in the rain ver often :)

Loony88 is spot on. You can remove the flapper completely if you want - my understanding is that the flapper valves is only there to pass noise levels at roughly 5,000 RPM. It doesn't provide any performance benefit like the Yamaha EXUP valves. I have the valves disabled on both of my Ducatis. It's disabled through the tune on my Diavel and completely removed on my 1198SP

1 - 11 of 11 Posts