Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So I've had my Xdiavel for about 13 months now, and I am generally pleased. I would say 7/10.

I love riding it, and I love looking at it.

I will say things I don't like:
1) I have to bleed that ridiculous back brake every 3-4 months, ducati refuses to acknowledge its a problem even though even my dealer has told me he sees this all the time.
2) I don't like the suspension on the bike. Its either spongy or hard as a rock. I also wonder if my dealer is the culprit here, as I harbor the suspicion that most of the mechanics are harley guys and not Ducati techs.
3) I've gone through 4 fuel sensors - the last one is still a dud I'm just sick of taking the bike in
4) I lost a drive belt in the first 90 days (Ducati did replace this free of charge)
5) The latest recall on the starter clutch cost me 30 days of riding due to parts being unavailable - and my bike died in the middle of an intersection (which is when I first realized there was a recall - yay!)

Actually, there are more frustrations, and yet somehow I still love this bike overall. My latest gripe, and why I'm posting for help or advice, is in regards to this Ducati Link app. I understand that it is built for the multistrada, but I'm blown away by the fact that Ducati calls the XDS a "technocruiser" and goes on and on about the technology available, and then gives 0 functionality in this app.

Am I understanding correctly that my relatively new Ducati bike that has Bluetooth gives me no advantages or additional data than anyone else using this app? I could be riding a Honda grom and have the same GPS data...

I read in prior forums that people with the older version of the Multistrada Link app were able to see data directly from their XDS like HP, lean angle etc. In this app, I see absolutely nothing - and from what I can see, the old app is no longer on the App store.

Does anyone have any advice? Has anyone used any other third party apps that are able to pull any data from the bike using bluetooth or is this a lost cause?

Thanks ahead of time for any additional information or solutions.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
1) I have to bleed that ridiculous back brake every 3-4 months, ducati refuses to acknowledge its a problem even though even my dealer has told me he sees this all the time.
Aprilia has the same issue, must be an Italian thing.

Hopefully you can get the other things sorted and enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
34 Posts
rear brake recall issue in Dec 2019. Just had mine done - apparently, the original brake lines are too short placing a little strain on the connections and allowing some air to get in. Apparently!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Has been a common problem with many Diavels. Mine is a 2012.
Have spoken to many Diavel owners and all have had the same problem. After the brakes have been bleed they are fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts