Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shopping for aftermarket windscreens for the MTS and seems like different vendors claim different sizes for the stock Ducati OEM windscreen. HUH? I have a 2012 MTS Sport (not Pikes Peak - apparently a few early 2012's were sport models). According to my measurements the OEM screen is about 19.5" tall as measured from point of screen at bottom to top lip; width is about 14" at the widest, just above the cut-outs.

It's really frustrating shopping for screens because many vendors just say that their screen is X inches taller/wider than the stock screen, but no one agrees on the size of the stock screen.

Do I have the standard OEM screen, or maybe I have as stock the larger Ducati touring screen? HELP!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Shape More Than Size.

Seems to me that the difference between the Standard and Touring screen has more to do with shape than size. If my memory serves correctly 2cm difference in one direction.

Here is an example of the standard screen (note the shape).
Google Image Result for http://www.ridermagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/2010-Ducati-Multistrada-S-Touring-Road-Test_032.jpg

Here is an example of the shape of a DP Touring Screen. It's a bit wider and less round than the standard. Be sure to scroll to the lower photo.
Multistrada 1200 DP Touring Screen - Smoked

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if they changed the size of the OEM screen for some models or some years? I see the touring DP touring screen described as 19.5 in tall, but I saw one last weekend and what I have on the bike is not that, though mine does measure 19.5" tall and 14" wide. I see some websites selling aftermarket windscreens saying the stock windscreen is 16.5" tall by 12" wide. . .mine sure ain't, and it's the one that came on the bike new from the dealer. All very confusing!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts