Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys.....I posted I clipped a deer two months ago, damaging the bike. I'll skip the disassembly/assembly/etc., BUT.....I got the bike back together this afternoon and started her up and.... The F'ing odometer now reads 99,999, not the correct milage. Yes, I had to unplug the instrument cluster to remove the front fairing, so I'm assuming that did it, but how do I get it back to the original mileage?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Wow, bummer! I've removed mine while taking fairings/plastics off for service and didn't suffer the same fate.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'd say WTF as well. I've had my dash unplugged for a few days, and it retained the odometer reading - I would have thought it would have stayed in memory.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I thought that the total millage and that sort of information was stored in the main ECU, not in the gauge cluster. I think it just needs to be synched, though I don't know how.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Surprise....Surprise! I got home from work, lite up my MTS and the odometer still said 99,999. I reset my 'units' & clock and....BINGO.....the odometer has 'reset' back to what it's suppose to be. Hmmm.....

·
Registered
155 Posts
Surprise....Surprise! I got home from work, lite up my MTS and the odometer still said 99,999. I reset my 'units' & clock and....BINGO.....the odometer has 'reset' back to what it's suppose to be. Hmmm.....

you CHANGED units , km to Miles?!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts