Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
well I honestly believe if you had heated the bolts before doing anything else, then like I did a few whacks with the hand held impact, then just unscrewed them you too would have been fine--Remember if a fastner is installed with locktite heating it is the only way to remove it safely --I know mine had not been removed in at least 25 years so they were in there

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Impact wrench good. (y)

Bought one a few years ago to take apart, uhh something, in the rear end of my old VFR, after the rear sprocket came off in flight. Doubt I could have got it apart any other way. I tried though. Impact ftw.

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
It is one of those stupidly simple tools that saves your bacon from time to time. As a Pro I have plenty of fancy /expensive tools, I own both a snap on and craftsman hand impact driver. I can not tell any difference in results from either and I would replace one in a second if I lost one. I still use them every time I remove rotor bolts,sidestand bolts and float bowl bolts on carburetors. every time I think I do not need to START with them i end up wishing I had.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts