Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was ridding my SF848 and the engine light comes and goes every minute and then stays on. The speedometer does not work. The Trip meter goes into Khm from miles. The Tach no longer work, I can see what my RPM is. The Nutral light does not work. The Engine Temp changes from From Celcus to Ferienhight and reads 30 degree Ferienhieght and flashes that the engine is too cool after I have been ridding for 30 minutes on the freeway. I pull over to a service station and turn the bike off to check everything out. After that I road the bike home and everything went back to normal. The next day it happen all over again. This time the light just appered and stay on. I shut down the bike and restared it and it was OK again. Before I bring her to the dealership has anybody had this problem? I looked at my ECU to make sure it was connected tight and any other connection. Any Ideas whats going on, the only thing I can think off is my ECU is bad. My bike only has 300 miles so Im not sure whats up. FYI the only thing I have done electrical is installed after market tail lights and barend turnsiganals and Healtech shift light, but its unplug now because it was not working right anyways. The Healtech was a simple plug and play into the diagnostic port under the passenger seat. So any info would be helpful.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
You need to be very careful when making electrical modifications on a Ducati. For instance some have added a tail tidy and on accident pinched the license plate wire or turn signal wires causing the bike to stall. Since your problem with the dash seems to go away when you cycle the ignition switch I'm guessing that it might not be your wiring or the add on gear shift indicator. You may have a faulty dash or ECU. Another SF848 owner had a bad dash. His bike was completely dead. Something is defitenetly not right with your SF.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, it looks like it might be the dash cluster and ECU. I hope it doesn't take 19 days like the other feller with the similar problem.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Secret Squirrel, thanks for that little bit of info. I shipped your passenger peg too.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
At first I didn't realize that was you. Thanks for the shipping information. Sorry to hear about your SF acting up.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
At first I didn't realize that was you. Thanks for the shipping information. Sorry to hear about your SF acting up.

As you can see in my signature picture, that is the reason why I love the MIVV exhaust so much. That exhaust on the 749 was so nice that I wanted one for my SF but the wait was killing me. My offer stands, let me know when your ready to sell your :).

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update and Important Info for all SF Owner

I had my bike get looked today by the Ducati dealership and they plug the code reader and zero error codes came up. What they did find out was the relay from my HID kit was causing the interference with my dash. I tied the relay too close to the dash unit and that was the problem the whole time. You guys were not shitting me when you say Ducati can be very touch when it comes to electrical stuff. Anyways guys keep all external electrical aftermarket parts away from the dash or ECU as far as posible to keep from going threw what I went threw. :eek:

·
Temporary greeter
23,095 Posts
I had my bike get looked today by the Ducati dealership and they plug the code reader and zero error codes came up. What they did find out was the relay from my HID kit was causing the interference with my dash. I tied the relay too close to the dash unit and that was the problem the whole time. You guys were not shitting me when you say Ducati can be very touch when it comes to electrical stuff. Anyways guys keep all external electrical aftermarket parts away from the dash or ECU as far as posible to keep from going threw what I went threw. :eek:
And I still get no thanks :mad:

It's through BTW. :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.