Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as documented in the "What did you do on your..." thread, I installed a cat-delete and Arrow Indy pipe yesterday, I followed the instructions, which said to zip-tie the exhaust flap cable to the footpeg (I attached it to the exhaust bracket, but you get the idea)

Last night my bike was throwing no codes.

This afternoon I start the bike and the Check Engine Light is on, I assume it's to do with the exhaust valve check, so I figure maybe I'll try removing the servo motor.

I took the seat off and removed the battery, (I had to move a module out of the way and to do so, had to unhook a connector, picture below) and then started looking around at how to proceed and then think maybe I won't bother removing the servo after all.

But I figure I may as well install the DUC.EE I purchased and see if that clears it. (It didn't)

While I had the battery out I figured I may as well install the Shorai LFX I had sitting on my bench and get rid of that heavy Yuasa that came in the bike.

Now not only is the CEL still on (I wasn't sure if the duc.ee would help, but I figured it couldn't make it worse) my DSS light is now flashing as well. Is this because I unhooked that connector (I checked that it is tight), or because I removed the battery?

Sorry for the novella, but I'm at a loss here.

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
I can't speak to the DSS light, but the CEL you're getting from the exhaust valve may self-clear after plugging in the DUC.EE. After a code like that is set, I believe it takes a few 'normal' cycles before the light resets.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I can't speak to the DSS light, but the CEL you're getting from the exhaust valve may self-clear after plugging in the DUC.EE. After a code like that is set, I believe it takes a few 'normal' cycles before the light resets.
it takes 3 full cycles for the light to be reset

power the bike on > start it > turn it off > power it down

3 times :)

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
If the DSS light is on you probably plugged duc.ee into the wrong connector. It is the below the first connector. The first connector is for the DSS and will cause the DSS indicator to come on (I know this personally from installing mine incorrectly the first time.)

·
Registered
79 Posts
So let us know how you like the pipe and the battery after you get everything sorted out. I was considering the same battery after mine almost didn’t start after work last week. Always cranks slow but starts, but had to stop and give it another go for thee first time in the 3 years I’ve owned it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
384 Posts
If the DSS light is on you probably plugged duc.ee into the wrong connector. It is the below the first connector. The first connector is for the DSS and will cause the DSS indicator to come on (I know this personally from installing mine incorrectly the first time.)
Excellent post. Now that I think about it, I did the same myself.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
See, I thought that as well (which is why I attached a pic of where I installed the Duc.EE, since their "instructions" are useless), but one of the plugs in that bundle is a single row of pins (3?) and the other is a double (6?)

The Duc.EE is a double row connector, is it meant to go on the single row plug?

I'll look into this once I'm home from work, thanks for your posts guys, I'm such a noob at this bike I don't even know what half the stuff under the seat does.

·
Premium Member
3,379 Posts
I plugged into the wrong connector the first time too... but even when you get the right connector you need to ride a bit (or restart the bike or something) before it clears.

IIRC when you plug into the wrong connector you get a traction control error too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the Duc.EE was plugged into the DSS harness (whoops!)

I re-read the install instructions and referred to this post: https://www.ducati.ms/forums/44-multistrada/719419-servo-motor-removal.html#post6975191 and realized I didn't notice/realize that the roll pin that came with my kit is meant to go on the exhaust cable. Did the 3-cycle routine and cleared the CEL, hooray.

Now if only I could figure out where the Duc.EE is supposed to go... possibly need to remove the servo motor in order to find out, I guess.

Either way, everything is "working as intended" now. Just need to invest in a rapid bike EVO over the winter to correct the fueling.

Thanks a million guys!

·
Registered
155 Posts
So the Duc.EE was plugged into the DSS harness (whoops!)

I re-read the install instructions and referred to this post: https://www.ducati.ms/forums/44-multistrada/719419-servo-motor-removal.html#post6975191 and realized I didn't notice/realize that the roll pin that came with my kit is meant to go on the exhaust cable. Did the 3-cycle routine and cleared the CEL, hooray.

Now if only I could figure out where the Duc.EE is supposed to go... possibly need to remove the servo motor in order to find out, I guess.

Either way, everything is "working as intended" now. Just need to invest in a rapid bike EVO over the winter to correct the fueling.

Thanks a million guys!
I'm also interested in the rapidbike EVO, but I would like to see some before and after dyno numbers on it.
I'm guessing if you leave it in "learning mode" it would take a while before you saw an increase in HP?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm also interested in the rapidbike EVO, but I would like to see some before and after dyno numbers on it.
I'm guessing if you leave it in "learning mode" it would take a while before you saw an increase in HP?
Unfortunately I live in an area without access to a dyno, so I won't be able to provide any info there.

Loving the Arrow/de-cat though, pretty loud when I first start the bike from cold, but once the high-idle drops it's quite nice. Once you're rolling it doesn't sound a whole lot louder to me than the stock exhaust, which is nice.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The DUC.EE plugs into the connector just below the one you accidentally plugged it into already. I can send a picture in a bit.
That doesn't make sense to me, the connector that is below the DSS plug is a single row connector and my Duc.EE is a double... Did they send me the wrong Duc.EE for my bike?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Unfortunately I live in an area without access to a dyno, so I won't be able to provide any info there.

Loving the Arrow/de-cat though, pretty loud when I first start the bike from cold, but once the high-idle drops it's quite nice. Once you're rolling it doesn't sound a whole lot louder to me than the stock exhaust, which is nice.
I have the full titanium Termignoni.

Depending on how much throttle I give it on take off, it will sound completely different. I treat it like a musical instrument on takeoff.

I'll take off easy and then open it up to play with the sound. I'm retarded I guess, but it's fun.

I can make people look up and pay attention to me whenever I want. LOL

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
I plugged into the wrong hole once...........................................................

................................made my wife sound like a porpoise............eh-eh......eh-eh............eh-eh...................>:)

·
Registered
155 Posts
I plugged into the wrong hole once...........................................................

................................made my wife sound like a porpoise............eh-eh......eh-eh............eh-eh...................>:)
Some models/versions are ok with that, and others will throw an error code like you described.

You'll have to go through a restart sequence to clear it. If it refuses to restart, just wait a few days and try again. Some models/versions require a 24-72 hour cool down period to clear that code.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts