Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'06 S2R 1100 Custom, '12 SF 1040
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to change cams on my ds1000 and am hoping a fellow member on here can help.

I also have 1198 throttle bodies that I need to port match before installing. It would be preferable to do the work on an extra set so I can just swap the heads to decrease the bikes downtime. The heads can be incomplete, but ideally would still have the cams and valves. Specifically 848 evo heads.

If anyone on here can help or provide direction on where to find reasonable prices, I’d appreciate it!

Thanks!

·
Administrator
12,808 Posts
Just a heads up, if you get a PM from someone that has no post(s) and claims they or a friend has the part you seek, just to email them at [email protected] please report this to us via the report button or here: Post Scammers Here

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Surprisingly haven’t gotten one yet. They’re usually pretty fast

·
Registered
123 Posts
Im confused at what you are doing with 848 evo heads on a ds motor

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, it’s for two separate projects. Ideally I would have hypermotard evo cams in a ds1000/1100 engine, which would get big valves, complimenting the high compression pistons, making a beast air cooled motor.

the other project is based on a sf848 motor, which is the same as the848 evo but with less aggressive cams. Having an extra set of heads with those cams would mean I could do all the necessary head work to fit 1198 intake manifolds with the heads on the bench while still having a road worthy bike during that process. Then I could just make a day of swapping heads and setting timing, only giving the bike one, maybe two down days.

deciding to heavily modify two bikes at the same time was not necessarily the smartest decision

1 - 6 of 6 Posts