Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying this again.

Looking to buy a preferably a low mileage 998R or 999R motor. I know it is a long shot.

I am on the west coast and can travel up and down the coast if the motor and price is right. I am will to travel a reasonable distance. Otherwise I will need to work out shipping. Please email what you have and what you are asking. Thanks

[email protected]

·
Registered
361 Posts
I got a 999r motor for sale pm me if you are interested

·
Registered
470 Posts
You might have better luck purchasing a good “S” engine. Almost as powerful as an “R” but much much cheaper to service.

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
You might have better luck purchasing a good “S” engine. Almost as powerful as an “R” but much much cheaper to service.
I've owned several of each - 999S and R's. S bikes required adjustments to valve clearances at every service interval. The R bikes required only a few adjustments to the openers, which is simple to perform. A current owner of one of my R's was at 24K miles last time I spoke with him and the valves are still staying in spec. Performance wise, once you have an R, you will never go back to an S.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the offer. I'm open to a 05-06 999S, but the priority is 998R, 999R then 999S.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts