Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
yeah... no kidding.

stay tuned..

·
9,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,435 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Might as well unblock him for this one.

As it stands Mongo is calling Tye out for racing in an easy class with no competition, and Tye is saying Mongo's opinion doesn't matter cause he's never raced before.
It does sound like Tye is sandbagging. Not taking sides, I'm just saying....

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
Don't hold your breath waiting for one of them to post here. Mongo does present himself as a class act as far as I've read, and well, I'm not really taking sides.

Okay, maybe just a little.

My thinking is the only way they will begin posting in a thread that will put a spotlight on them, is if an evil Mod were to direct all their posts into this thread by way of evil Mod-ism technology, regardless of which thread they posted to. And I don't believe we have a Mod that meets that criteria. Right?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
^ best response... EVER!...

·
Flavor of the Month
2,359 Posts
What did Arai_Speed post? My comp wont didpay the picture. Was it awesome?

I don't think this thread is going to be good as what all you day time talk show watching drama queens were hoping for.:) I think Tye and Mongo are both going to take the high road now.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Damn MJ is everywhere :D

FWIW - the fast guys run all the orgs so there is no WSMC vs WERA who is faster thing at all.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
hey Mongo.. I noticed in another thread you said that you didnt race?? where you being sarcastic or do you really not race? If you dont race what is your role with wera?

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
I'll bite, why not...

I started racing, I didn't pick up the racing manual which says; buy a japanese 600 and run the meat grinder classes for 2 years, before getting on the podium. My goal was to win and I picked a class first and then picked the best bike for that class. Mind you, back in the day, there was a gentlemen who did the same thing I'm doing and he actually won not only the Middleweight twins class, BUT the entire championship as well! Back then, there were more Ducati's in that class, but none of them capable of doing his laptimes, just like me today. Sure, its sandbagging because 1/2 of the other racers are on SV650's, but the other 1/2 are on Ducati's just like mine and only one of them is quick enough to play around with and he's on a 748RS. Dude to bad luck, he's given me 2 race wins this year alone, which kinda sux because winning a race because someone's bike fails, isn't how I wanna do it.

Then again, I do race the heavyweight classes and I'm going to get back into racing the Formula 2, which is modified 600's. So there is plenty of opportunity to "compete" against others and Its not like a do poorly in the other classes, lots of 4th's and stuff, still pushing for a podium. I have horrible first laps, if I can fix that, I'll get a podium in the other classes.

They call international race series; "Cities on the move". Same people every time out, just at a different location.

People give the WSMC race series less credit then WERA/AFM/CCS because its a single track series. But, what that creates is a family of racers who come every month and know each other very well, just like the international series. WERA West coast, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have that same family because of traveling expenses. What that means is, the paddock changes every weekend and the guys who win championships are just guys who can afford to travel, in most cases. AFM has some traveling, but not much, so I think its schedule alone makes it a better series then most. CCS doesn't come to Southern California anymore so its hard to judge them at all, but they do sanction several single track series.

Whoever creates a So-Cal only race series; Buttonwillow, Fontana, WSIR, Streets of Willow... that will be the most competitive series because you'll get some guys who normally can't travel to Miller or Vegas, showing up every month and do the business.

Yes, I shouldn't be comparing international race series with my club racing. For gosh sakes, I'm SLOOOOWWWWW! But the argument, err... "conversation" we were having earlier related to this exact point. I've had 2 bad experiences with WERA. I hope not to have another one in August since I've been practicing a lot and have 7 more months of racing under my belt since the last WERA outing. I've never had a bad experience with WSMC, in fact all of my experiences have been excellent.

I have issues with any agency who allows races to go on in the dark and someone who doesn't race saying "it was ok". The only way mongo could say it was OK is if he went out there himself, pushed it to the limit and came back in. Wanna know another reason why I like WSMC? Its not uncommon for the race director to get on a bike and test the track to make sure conditions are OK. Jay has been known to do that and he has other "employees" that do that as well.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
11,256 Posts

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
hey Mongo.. I noticed in another thread you said that you didnt race?? where you being sarcastic or do you really not race? If you dont race what is your role with wera?
I do not race. I've worked full time for WERA since 1993, before that for 6 or so years as a corner work and official. Currently I write the rules, set the schedule, handle all of the tech side of things, handle the computer stuff, emails, run our BBS and whatever else needs to be done. Still travel to 30 or so rounds of racing a year working as everything from a grid marshal to race director depending on what we need that weekend.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
I'll bite, why not...

I started racing, I didn't pick up the racing manual which says; buy a japanese 600 and run the meat grinder classes for 2 years, before getting on the podium. My goal was to win and I picked a class first and then picked the best bike for that class. Mind you, back in the day, there was a gentlemen who did the same thing I'm doing and he actually won not only the Middleweight twins class, BUT the entire championship as well! Back then, there were more Ducati's in that class, but none of them capable of doing his laptimes, just like me today. Sure, its sandbagging because 1/2 of the other racers are on SV650's, but the other 1/2 are on Ducati's just like mine and only one of them is quick enough to play around with and he's on a 748RS. Dude to bad luck, he's given me 2 race wins this year alone, which kinda sux because winning a race because someone's bike fails, isn't how I wanna do it.

Congrats, you're racing a class with no competition. You're buying a trophy. If you want I can hook you up with a company and save you the hassle of actually going on track.

Then again, I do race the heavyweight classes and I'm going to get back into racing the Formula 2, which is modified 600's. So there is plenty of opportunity to "compete" against others and Its not like a do poorly in the other classes, lots of 4th's and stuff, still pushing for a podium. I have horrible first laps, if I can fix that, I'll get a podium in the other classes.
Uh huh.

They call international race series; "Cities on the move". Same people every time out, just at a different location.

People give the WSMC race series less credit then WERA/AFM/CCS because its a single track series. But, what that creates is a family of racers who come every month and know each other very well, just like the international series. WERA West coast, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have that same family because of traveling expenses. What that means is, the paddock changes every weekend and the guys who win championships are just guys who can afford to travel, in most cases. AFM has some traveling, but not much, so I think its schedule alone makes it a better series then most. CCS doesn't come to Southern California anymore so its hard to judge them at all, but they do sanction several single track series.
Yet again you show that you don't know what you're talking about. Our regional races are the same people weekend after weekend, same as WSMC or AFM or anywhere else. Yes there are people who don't make every round - same as at Willow.

Whoever creates a So-Cal only race series; Buttonwillow, Fontana, WSIR, Streets of Willow... that will be the most competitive series because you'll get some guys who normally can't travel to Miller or Vegas, showing up every month and do the business.
Seriously? They can travel to Buttonwillow but not Vegas? Wow.

Yes, I shouldn't be comparing international race series with my club racing. For gosh sakes, I'm SLOOOOWWWWW! But the argument, err... "conversation" we were having earlier related to this exact point. I've had 2 bad experiences with WERA. I hope not to have another one in August since I've been practicing a lot and have 7 more months of racing under my belt since the last WERA outing. I've never had a bad experience with WSMC, in fact all of my experiences have been excellent.
I hope you have a good time in August but based on your inability to take any responsibility for your own actions I doubt that will happen.

I have issues with any agency who allows races to go on in the dark and someone who doesn't race saying "it was ok". The only way mongo could say it was OK is if he went out there himself, pushed it to the limit and came back in. Wanna know another reason why I like WSMC? Its not uncommon for the race director to get on a bike and test the track to make sure conditions are OK. Jay has been known to do that and he has other "employees" that do that as well.
You know what's funny - I have a shitload of people I go to for their input on track safety, one of which is your race director. You do know he races with us right? Jay also isn't going to push anything to the limit testing a track, he's luckily a lot smarter than you are...

As for the dark thing, try using a clear shield next time. It wasn't too dark to race according to the racers and they're the ones I ask for opinions before making such calls. I don't take such decisions lightly, I take my job and responsibility to our riders very seriously. I have had my friends die in my arms in the middle of the track and every one of those calls is made with trying to keep that from ever happening again.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts