Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
17,908 Posts
I don’t think it will make even the slightest difference. And getting 500 more revs is not going to help Honda either. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I haven't paid much attention other than when I see people commenting. I've gleaned that AB is clearly in tune with the machine. Davies, not quite yet. The rev cut will hurt him for a time but will do nothing for AB. Every commenter says AB's faster than Rea because 'the Ducati has way more power/revs'. But, they fail to note that he's faster down the straights because he's maintaining more corner speed and getting on the throttle sooner. Of course, he's going to have higher trap speeds.

Funny how 'they' got what they wanted. Ducati's built a four-cylinder bike. Now we have 'parity'. Except Ducati read the rule book better than the rest again and there's not enough, wait for it .....................................

parity.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I haven't watched the WSB races yet, I blame my providers - I should be happy with college unpaid athletics and whatever baseball is,.... Is WSB all up about the spoiler in front of the rear tire like MotoGP?

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
I haven't paid much attention other than when I see people commenting. I've gleaned that AB is clearly in tune with the machine. Davies, not quite yet. The rev cut will hurt him for a time but will do nothing for AB. Every commenter says AB's faster than Rea because 'the Ducati has way more power/revs'. But, they fail to note that he's faster down the straights because he's maintaining more corner speed and getting on the throttle sooner. Of course, he's going to have higher trap speeds.

Funny how 'they' got what they wanted. Ducati's built a four-cylinder bike. Now we have 'parity'. Except Ducati read the rule book better than the rest again and there's not enough, wait for it .....................................

parity.

I love this... https://www.gpone.com/en/2019/04/18/sbk/ducati-beware-kawasaki-is-planning-an-extreme-motogp-style-sbk.html

Everyone in the world who was paying attention knew that Ducati was going to field the V4 Panigale, except apparently Kawasaki? I have a hard time being sympathetic to their plight when they've dominate as they have over the recent years. It is the same feeling I get every time Mercedes F1 complains about a rule change/proposed rule change...

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
I don’t think it will make even the slightest difference. And getting 500 more revs is not going to help Honda either. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ducati tested with lower RPMs so I don't think this will except them much
Peak power won't be at the last 500rpm's anyway,...
You guys are all absolutely correct. Bike is making more power everywhere, and the last few hundred RPM are basically over-rev.

There is a very real possibility that the restrictions will actually help to refine the chassis, and will help the other Ducati racers.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I love this... https://www.gpone.com/en/2019/04/18/sbk/ducati-beware-kawasaki-is-planning-an-extreme-motogp-style-sbk.html

Everyone in the world who was paying attention knew that Ducati was going to field the V4 Panigale, except apparently Kawasaki? I have a hard time being sympathetic to their plight when they've dominate as they have over the recent years. It is the same feeling I get every time Mercedes F1 complains about a rule change/proposed rule change...

So, Kaw is threatening to build a MotoGP bike for SBK? But, they can't be arsed into taking part in MotoGP.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I hope it leads to OEMs making bespoke race homoligated bikes. Nobody is buying sportbikes anymore. Kawasaki would sell everyone of the 500 or so.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
So Kawasaki is gettin their asses handed to them. Building a better bike is what you do, not complaining of another manufacturers success. "But its a MOTOGP bike" uhhhhh NO, Its a better bike all together than anything your currently building that can be purchased for street use. Why not support an H2 without the super charger so it conforms to the rules?

Reckon its tough when you get knocked off the podium but, I thought that was what racing was all about..........DEVELOPMENT.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bike or its driver?

#46 says the latter;

Álvaro Bautista is decimating the competition in the Superbike World Championship. After failing to get a seat for this MotoGP season, the spaniard eventually made his way to the WSBK wearing the official Ducati colors.

Right from the pre-season, Bautista was fast and the competition began to look at the 1.69m rider with other eyes. With the first race of the calendar conquered, the rider didn’t lower the weapons and won all the other races until this phase of the championship.

Now, in the face of this dominance, Valentino Rossi said that the Ducati has some of the ‘blame’ for this great competitiveness on the part of his colleague of profession, but the #46 believes that the one who makes the difference is Alvaro Bautista.

‘It’s amazing what Bautista is doing with Ducati. He was sure that he would be strong and that he could fight Jonathan, but instead he showed an embarrassing superiority. The bike is certainly very strong, but it isn’t that: it seems that he rides well. The whole package seems to work, but it’s more the one that makes the difference’, argued the MotoGP rider quoted by SoloMoto. https://www.motorcyclesports.net/wsbk/rossi-and-bautistas-dominance-at-wsbk-everything-works-but-its-him-the-most-that-makes-the-difference/

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
1.69m = 5feet 5inches of dymanite!!!! >:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts