Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Man, I hate speed..... both races won't be air'd until tuesday. What a joke.. Some way to go through a race season. 12-5pm are BS shows too, adding to the insult! Sorry, Had to vent it now...

Ah I just check Sat- Races are on from 4-6. I hope they keep it like this.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried the proxy server method for Rnd 1, but it didn't work for me. Maybe speed is listening to our needs, and we won't have to worry about it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yes! Both races (1&2) are being shown on Speed on SATURDAY. That's progress anyway. Maybe enough of us are complaining?
I wish I could believe that it's a sign of progress.

The skeptic in me says - time zone (Qatar) makes it feasible since there's no NASCRAP racing this weekend. Otherwise we would have hours of talking heads discussing such riveting race info like how fat Tony Stewart will get before he can't climb through the window of his "stock" car.:sleep:

Or maybe we would have more episodes of reality TV - like tow truck action or some dufus installing stereos in some sports figures car.

Man...get me started on SPEED and it's hard to stop. Thank God for Racing Underground.

·
Registered
248 Posts
SpeedTV = NASCAR TV..................such shit

What happens to the good old days of Speed Vision, when they used to show everything other than NASCAR. I mean everything like: WRC, Jet Boat, Air Race......even Australian Superbike (still remember Troy Bayliss dropped his Suzuki in 1997 Philip Island, first time I saw the guy).

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
While SPEED blows, the ratings have gone up, which is all Fox cares about...not serving niche markets. There are a lot more pre-adolescent boys out there sucking up every last episode of Tuner cars to see the babes and we know the whole trailer park comes out for Pinks... so where in the scheme of things is WSBK....prob during the week. I just PVR it and get on with life.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Pssh. :rolleyes:

People complained about Speedvision, too. It covered so many different kinds of motorsports that NOBODY felt their particular sport was shown enough. Short memories, people.

Y'know, there are plenty of ways to get your racing fix online these days - as Tye can attest, and often does - that it's kind of silly to keep complaining about the TV coverage. If it's that important to you, why not use those avenues?

As for myself, I'm just going to relax and enjoy the races when they're on. Life's too fucking short.

·
Registered
248 Posts
While SPEED blows, the ratings have gone up, which is all Fox cares about...not serving niche markets. There are a lot more pre-adolescent boys out there sucking up every last episode of Tuner cars to see the babes and we know the whole trailer park comes out for Pinks... so where in the scheme of things is WSBK....prob during the week. I just PVR it and get on with life.
You forgot to mention the "In-breed Rednecks" whom supports the NASCAR craps..........

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
You forgot to mention the "In-breed Rednecks" whom supports the NASCAR craps..........
Actually I watch the odd NASCAR race...(throw shit now:D) though I like the road courses the best. I admit to being a total junkie and get my speed fix with F-1, ALMS, Lemans and the brickyard. I've never raced bikes, seriously lacking talent for that but I was a drag racer for a number of years. I try not to be elitist... in motorsports at least.:D..as long as it sucks gas and hauls ass I'm a fan.....as for those stick and ball games.....as Hemingway said, "There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; ...the rest are merely games" :think:

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
Funny. maybe speed heard our complaints. My Tevo recorded both races yesterday together!
Both races!
Together!
On saturday!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Joke about NASCAR all you want, really it just requires different type of crowd watching it. The NASCAR guys proly laughs at F1 or WRC etc.

NASCAR is full of drama, alot of passing & crashing. Its great for fans, bring 6-packs to watch races with truck load of BBQ, life is good.

All the other type of road/rally racing: This is where fans barely sees the machine, or any passing, maybe sometimes crashing. But from a racer's point of view, who wants to do passing all race long for 1~3 hrs? This type of racing is for fans who is more facinated about the technology, or particular form of driving/riding skill. Not for the general public who just wanna watch racing with 6-packs and BBQ.

So there you go, thats why NASCAR are now majority.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Looking at the Speed TV schedule for the April 5th round in Valencia, looks like we are back to Race 1 on Sunday and race 2 on Tuesday. So much for progress.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
But from a racer's point of view, who wants to do passing all race long for 1~3 hrs? This type of racing is for fans who is more facinated about the technology, or particular form of driving/riding skill. Not for the general public who just wanna watch racing with 6-packs and BBQ.

So there you go, thats why NASCAR are now majority.
That would be the stereotype.
Don't know if you are old enough to remember the days when NASCAR drivers competed at Indy or when F-1 and Indy racers banged it up at Daytona but even if you aren't check out the guys driving in Cup and you will find a lot of guys that came from open wheel (F-1, Indycar, Sprint cars) and did quite well there. I don't get basketball( just spot 'em a 100 points and give them 2 minutes to play) but I wouldn't think any the less of people that get their entertainment from watching a game. :think:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts