Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
About time!!! Been surviving off dvr reruns for weeks, almost have race2 Donington park memorized... "Haslem pushing his bike across the line like any good Brit should"

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
WSBK! Much better racing all around than moto gp, I'm always amazed how little attention this series gets in this forum.

·
Registered
351 Posts
WSBK! Much better racing all around than moto gp, I'm always amazed how little attention this series gets in this forum.
Perhaps the lack of attention is directly proportional to the difficulty in getting to watch the races.

MotoGP is broadcast on free to air television here in Australia. The only way to watch Superbikes is to buy a largely useless sports package on cable TV.

WSBK desperately needs to make itself more accessible and a good start would be to sell a video pass like the motogp.com website.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Better racing for sure and no dumbed down field fillers either. I think the Ducs will rule this little track weather permitting

·
Registered
185 Posts
Better racing for sure and no dumbed down field fillers either. I think the Ducs will rule this little track weather permitting
<No points for Althea team in race one..

Checa was in box already when i sat to watch. Davide lost the front in the middle of the race. But great race indeed.

:(

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,072 Posts
Wow! Did you all see the beautiful Kawasaki green eyes of Syke's wife? :D

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
:( another lame Tilke track. looked interesting 'on paper' but in practice far too mickey mouse.

·
Premium Member
4,829 Posts
Johnny fucking Rea, seems he learned his racing trade form a martial art sensei... I think we had this discussion few month back after he took both BMW's out and I recall some people defending him "It's just a racing incirdent" but WTF, 2 people in 2 raced go down after passing or getting passed by Human Torpedo, one or two incident's is an accident but this is a clear pattern of reckless racing and taking his competitors out.

Cue the Johnny Rea defense team, but no matter what you say, the statistics don't lie!

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,072 Posts
Johnny fucking Rea, seems he learned his racing trade form a martial art sensei... I think we had this discussion few month back after he took both BMW's out and I recall some people defending him "It's just a racing incirdent" but WTF, 2 people in 2 raced go down after passing or getting passed by Human Torpedo, one or two incident's is an accident but this is a clear pattern of reckless racing and taking his competitors out.

Cue the Johnny Rea defense team, but no matter what you say, the statistics don't lie!
Couldn't agree more. He need a timeout in the dunce corner.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I thought both races were entertaining. To bad for Checa. I can't see him making up this many points unless Biagi takes out Marco and Tom next round:D If it's not going to be Checa then I'm all for Marco winning this Championship. It would be good for WSBK to have BMW win because it shows a balanced series. Also maybe it's good that Ducati doesn't win two In a row. May take some heat off of the restrictions the Panigale will receive next season.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I agree with you on race one and the Checa incident. However race2 is questionable Rea did swerve off line a bit but was it because he heard Max coming or was it just a swerve? To me Max was coming into that turn like a raped ape. I don't think he could of stopped even if Rea held that line IMO anyway, but I agree Rea is a brute out there on quite few occasions.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Max was coming into that turn like a raped ape.
...no that would be on a raped Ape and though I don't blame Biaggi, don't think he would have made it pure racing bad luck, first Rea crash somewhat typical now it seems. Checa and Davies superb at avoiding carnage at the end.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts