Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any market for parts off a Multistrada? Thinking about buying a wrecked one for its engine. Front end and frame broke but the rear is suppose to be good. Is there a market for these parts?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jbcaddy said:
quite a while back, some one was looking for the hind end of a multi. he had bought one that had been hit while on a trailer. it broke the swingarm and wheel as i recall. I am sure there will be some interest for a few parts, but the front is what is most often wrecked on a bike. buy it if you can get it for what the motor is worth to you. if you sell a few parts them you will have a bonus, if not, you still have the motor you want at the price you thought OK.
what are your plans for the motor?
Possible custom project or track bike motor.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice to meet you Rafael! Looks like next week I'll start tearing apart the Multi to see what can be saved. All the plastic is rashed but could be repaired. Frame is broke going into stem. Front forks may or may not be bent as well as front wheel. Rear parts of the bike look good (so far).

I'm keeping the engine, ecu and harness so if you are looking for something let me know. I may have a usable piece.
Imola72 said:
Foggy,
I think I know the bike you're talking about....(I'm assuming you're the same "foggy123" as on DesmoNW) ?
It was a friend of mine that got hit. Bike had 700 miles on it.
Rafael

1 - 3 of 3 Posts