Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I wrecked my '02 620 Dark back in early May. The bike was in good shape up to that point, and had given me a lot of joy.

The accident scraped and bent the bars, broke the right rearset, and dented the tank. I escaped with roadrash, and a cracked rib (ATGATT baby!)

The concrete ground about an inch off the right peg.

Since the cases and forks escaped unscathed, I decided to rebuild her.
The first part was easy. I disassembled everything.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Once I had it torn apart, I started the rebuild.

I got a lot of help and support from friends on the ducati monster forum, www.ducatimonster.org
Including replacement grips, throttle, and signals. I tried to Ebay as many parts as I could to save some cash. Of course, I also did some upgrades.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Then it was time to decide what to do about the dented tank. I tried to source a good used one, but was unsuccessful. My neighbor runs a body shop, and cut me a deal on fixing mine, but wasn't willing/able to match the previous dark color.
We went down to PPG, and I picked a color. The tank was repaired and based, then I put the decals on.

Thanks to Eric, of Twisted Vinyl Graphics for the decals.

Of course, the fender had to match the tank. The curtains have to match the carpet, right ?:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the tank and fender back, put it together and got it running tonight. I'll take my first ride tomorrow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looking great buddy. Really llike the new colors. You posted the address to the old monster board though and that could be considered unforgivable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts