Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

I have a black 07 biposto with a set of black termis. I'd like to wrap the headers to get some heat off my legs as well as for the looks. What do you guys think, should i do a sandy classic colour, or go with a black wrap. any suggestions, pictures would be appreciated.

thanks,
tt

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Black. The lighter colors turn dirty brown very quickly. Be sure to use the black wrap paint to help seal it from oil/water/guck. Motowheels sells the kit, I believe.

Sorry, no pictures.

Cheers,

Tmnstr

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
I used a kind of silvery/black, has some contrast but not as light as the white..
chk me gallery..

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
The THERMO-TEC High Heat Wrap Coating: Black will allow fluids to bead off and keep the wrap cleaner and last longer.

The wrap comes in black as well.
THERMO-TEC Exhaust Insulating Wrap: Black 2"

But we still spray the wrap to seal it and tighten up the weave. It looks much better after it is coated. It is easy to toach up on the bike if needed.

-M
Martin,
I may just pick up a can tomorrow. I'll be at your shop in the morning to purchase a few things for the Classic. Haven't seen you in long while - would be nice to catch up...

Rick

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
i recommend this. Its a better wrap, and all you have to do is wrap it, no soaking it or sealing it. and you can find great deals on ebay.
ive used it on a few projects and looks and works great.
Titanium Exhaust Wrap with LR Technology 010128 | Purchase DEI, CryO2, Ny-Trex, Boom Mat & SPA Turbo Products | Design Engineering, Inc. - Thermal Performance Products
Pretty sure that's the stuff I used, DEI, did not soak of seal but I do not ride the bike in wet weather..

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Martin,
I may just pick up a can tomorrow. I'll be at your shop in the morning to purchase a few things for the Classic. Haven't seen you in long while - would be nice to catch up...

Rick
I'll try to get in earlier so we can talk. It has been a while.
Nice to see you found a Sport Classic.
-M

·
Registered
71 Posts
Here is mine '07 black biposto...my header pipes were turning the color of ash so I thought this was the easiest solution.

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for all the great feedback, i had no idea there where so many options for wraps. based on the pictures i think i'll stick with blacking the bike out and go with the black wrap. this product:(Exhaust Wrap - Black 010120 | Purchase DEI, CryO2, Ny-Trex, Boom Mat & SPA Turbo Products | Design Engineering, Inc. - Thermal Performance Products) seems great, and doesn't require additional steps after install, just wrap. But i should mention my bike is stored outside, covered, but it regularly exposed to rain..will this hold up?
Also what thickness to i buy? and how much of it?

thanks again,
tt.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
thanks for all the great feedback, i had no idea there where so many options for wraps. based on the pictures i think i'll stick with blacking the bike out and go with the black wrap. this product:(Exhaust Wrap - Black 010120 | Purchase DEI, CryO2, Ny-Trex, Boom Mat & SPA Turbo Products | Design Engineering, Inc. - Thermal Performance Products) seems great, and doesn't require additional steps after install, just wrap. But i should mention my bike is stored outside, covered, but it regularly exposed to rain..will this hold up?

thanks again,
tt.
That is why we coat them.
The coating keeps them clean. Water, oil, fuel and dog piss beads off.
When it gets old looking, we spray them again--and it looks brand new.

...plus the sprayed wrap looks tighter and less like an ace bandage or an appendage on a mummy after it is sprayed.

-M

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Good choice going black. It is really easy to keep touching them up over time to ensure a crisp black.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
26 Posts
Definitely recommend putting a coating on the wrap. Wrapping on its own does a nice job of letting moisture in and keeping it there.

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
You end up buying? I personally like the black look better than the titanium. I would also want to coat. $50+ isn't a lot, but in comparison to the others that people say work great, it seems many times more.

Did you buy the black wrap from the link below? Any pictures you can post up?

I have the yellow 06 with termi 2-1 and I love this look.

thanks again,
tt.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hi agro,

i did end up doing the black wrap. well my local shop did it, so im not sure what brand of wrap they went with, but i know it was sealed. im very happy with the result, especially the way in compliments my new black wheels.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
This is my next project. Gonna buy black wrap in 2" about 100 feet I think, and a few cans of the black paint needed, take the headers off and give this a go.

Thanks, looks good.
hi agro,

i did end up doing the black wrap. well my local shop did it, so im not sure what brand of wrap they went with, but i know it was sealed. im very happy with the result, especially the way in compliments my new black wheels.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts