Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,402 Posts
I guess it never hurts to ask. I need to brush up on my SS knowledge, cause I was under the impression that the Sport was a cheaper version of the SS. But in his world the exclusivity of the Sport brings a high price. Who knew?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
please note - "0 bids"

probably a sign of something ??? :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
503 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,334 Posts
Me thinks he fell on his head with the $18,000 free Ninja. The sport IS the cheaper version.

Last I checked, there was no such thing as a ZX-10r Ninja. Gpz750 maybe.

Crack, child abuse, fell on head, whatever, he's an idiot or worse, a "Salesman".

Brian C.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,182 Posts
Rare collectable Ducati superbike, plus a free BMW (bullsh** ad)

ACT NOW FOR YOUR CHANCE AT A PIECE OF MOTORCYCLE HISTORY!!!

In 1997, Ducati built 4 prototype Superbikes based on the famed and timeless 916. The bodywork was identical to the 916's baby sister, the 748, but included a factory big bore 853 kit, Ohlins rear shock, and lovely blue 5-spoke Marchesini rims. These bikes were tested to run in the European version of the Formula Extreme class, but though the bikes performed well Ducati Corse decided not to race them.

Here is your chance to own one of these super-exclusive prototypes, modified to be street legal! Remember, only four of these were made -- they were so exclusive that Ducati didn't even bother with numbered "limited edition" plates. You can tell from the vin number, <excluded>, that this was prototype #3 of the 4. Of the other three, one is at the Ducati factory in Bologna, one was sold to a Japanese collector in Kyoto, and the location of the third is unknown but it's rumored to have been binned during testing.

If bidding reaches US$25,000, I will throw in a BMW K1200LT at no extra charge!! This is also a rare item. It's a 2001 LT "Custom" and BMW made only 600 of those. This particular one was used by Paramount Pictures in filming a pilot TV series based on the success of the Batman movies, as evidenced by the Batman stickers on the side panels. (Unfortunately the series never made it past the pilot.) Aside from having Ohlins shocks (to support the stunt work), the bike is otherwise stock.

Whaddaya think, guys? Would I get $25K for my bikes? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
557 Posts
rob said:
ACT NOW FOR YOUR CHANCE AT A PIECE OF MOTORCYCLE HISTORY!!!

In 1997, Ducati built 4 prototype Superbikes based on the famed and timeless 916. The bodywork was identical to the 916's baby sister, the 748, but included a factory big bore 853 kit, Ohlins rear shock, and lovely blue 5-spoke Marchesini rims. These bikes were tested to run in the European version of the Formula Extreme class, but though the bikes performed well Ducati Corse decided not to race them.

Here is your chance to own one of these super-exclusive prototypes, modified to be street legal! Remember, only four of these were made -- they were so exclusive that Ducati didn't even bother with numbered "limited edition" plates. You can tell from the vin number, <excluded>, that this was prototype #3 of the 4. Of the other three, one is at the Ducati factory in Bologna, one was sold to a Japanese collector in Kyoto, and the location of the third is unknown but it's rumored to have been binned during testing.

If bidding reaches US$25,000, I will throw in a BMW K1200LT at no extra charge!! This is also a rare item. It's a 2001 LT "Custom" and BMW made only 600 of those. This particular one was used by Paramount Pictures in filming a pilot TV series based on the success of the Batman movies, as evidenced by the Batman stickers on the side panels. (Unfortunately the series never made it past the pilot.) Aside from having Ohlins shocks (to support the stunt work), the bike is otherwise stock.

Whaddaya think, guys? Would I get $25K for my bikes? :D
IF it comes with a "Bat Cape" I'm in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
503 Posts
rob said:
ACT NOW FOR YOUR CHANCE AT A PIECE OF MOTORCYCLE HISTORY!!!

In 1997, Ducati built 4 prototype Superbikes based on the famed and timeless 916. The bodywork was identical to the 916's baby sister, the 748, but included a factory big bore 853 kit, Ohlins rear shock, and lovely blue 5-spoke Marchesini rims. These bikes were tested to run in the European version of the Formula Extreme class, but though the bikes performed well Ducati Corse decided not to race them.

Here is your chance to own one of these super-exclusive prototypes, modified to be street legal! Remember, only four of these were made -- they were so exclusive that Ducati didn't even bother with numbered "limited edition" plates. You can tell from the vin number, <excluded>, that this was prototype #3 of the 4. Of the other three, one is at the Ducati factory in Bologna, one was sold to a Japanese collector in Kyoto, and the location of the third is unknown but it's rumored to have been binned during testing.

If bidding reaches US$25,000, I will throw in a BMW K1200LT at no extra charge!! This is also a rare item. It's a 2001 LT "Custom" and BMW made only 600 of those. This particular one was used by Paramount Pictures in filming a pilot TV series based on the success of the Batman movies, as evidenced by the Batman stickers on the side panels. (Unfortunately the series never made it past the pilot.) Aside from having Ohlins shocks (to support the stunt work), the bike is otherwise stock.

Whaddaya think, guys? Would I get $25K for my bikes? :D
Sure Rob. Let me just find that check,,,, Hmm, would you take a check from my overseas account ? Don't worry that it doesn't really look like a check,,, I assure you its legit..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,182 Posts
ozmanyyy said:
Sure Rob. Let me just find that check,,,, Hmm, would you take a check from my overseas account ? Don't worry that it doesn't really look like a check,,, I assure you its legit..
Hey, I have an idea! Do you have a client who owes you $30K or so? You could have him send me a cashier's check, and then I'll Western Union you the difference as a refund. How's that sound? ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,182 Posts
Hawgdriver said:
This goes beyond crack, maybe LSD? Here's another link which adds to the story...Maybe I could buy this 800 sport and trade it for the new Desmosedici!

http://www.definingpoint.com/hosting/users/~jbilson/ducati/index.php

----------------------------
1987 F-1B
1992 851
1995 916(955)
2001 996
The guy's obviously looking for someone with more money than good sense.

NADA Used Motorcycle Values:
Motorcycle/ATVs
2003 DUCATI Road/Street 800 SPORT FF
Model: 800 SPORT FF
Piston Displacement (CCs): 803
Stroke: 4
Cylinders: 2
Speeds: 6
Dry Weight: 401

Low Retail: $3,940
Average Retail: $5,180

Kelley Blue Book:

2003 Ducati 800 Sport
2-Cylinder
4-Stroke
802cc
Suggested Retail Value $5995*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
It gets better!

Latest quote on ebay...

The latest information I have is that if there were even a couple of hundred made, this bike should be worth about $80K-$90K in 10 years from Production. This would be 2013. Not too long for that much money! Imagine how much this would be worth if there really is only 25???? This is an amazing deal! And don't forget about the free Ninja!

Really pushing that ninja. Must be a real POS.

1987 F-1B
1992 851
1995 916(955)
2001 996
2006 Porsche Cayman S
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,182 Posts
I couldn't resist.

I just sent this to the seller:

"I'm watching your auction with a great deal of interest. The result will show whether PT Barnum was correct in his assessment of how often a fool is born. All you're hype doesn't change the fact that the bikes only worth about $6,000. If you actually sell it for $10K or more, I may just have to start listing stuff on eBay again...

Good luck -- with 0 bids so far, you're gonna need it. BTW, what does eBay charge for an item with a starting bid of $9500 and a Buy-It-Now of $25K?"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,182 Posts
Hawgdriver said:
The latest information I have is that if there were even a couple of hundred made, this bike should be worth about $80K-$90K in 10 years from Production.
Dammit! I bought my 900SS/FE in 1998 and there were only 300 imported to the US. I sold it "8 years from Production" for less than half what I originally paid for it. I think I was robbed. To the person who bought the bike from me (you know who you are!) -- you owe me about $35,000!! LOL! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
503 Posts
rob said:
Hey, I have an idea! Do you have a client who owes you $30K or so? You could have him send me a cashier's check, and then I'll Western Union you the difference as a refund. How's that sound? ;)

You are doing me and my royal family a great honor,,,I thank you greatly,, :)

Best
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,182 Posts
ozmanyyy said:
You are doing me and my royal family a great honor,,,I thank you greatly,, :)

Best
Lemme guess -- you're the Crowned Prince of Nigeria with the assigned responsibility as Director of the Ministry of Trade? I'll bet you have over $250,000,000 tied up in unclaimed infrastructure development bonds. I'll send you my checking account number and sign all the releases so the Ministry can transfer the money to the US if you'll promise to let me keep 20%. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,182 Posts
LMAO! I got a reply!!

You my friend, are an idiot. If you don't know what you are talking about, then you should not be talking. I know what the list price was, and I know what it is worth. If you only make a few copies of an item, it makes it worth more money. That is basic economics. Everything I said on that site was 100% true! I even posted an email from another guy who new about them and how few there were. I also have a local collector who is interested in buying it for $20K. It is one thing for you to be ignorant of things, it is another to write to someone mocking them when it is YOU who is the complete fool. I don't know why I even bothered to reply to you, but I hate when dumb people think they are smart. It was not hard to prove to you what your real intelligence is. So you have a nice day, why don't you go round up your chickens and goats, I heard you have a big date this evening, so you will also have to take that almost monthly shower too. Good luck and hope the hens are -into you!-
Well, he got one thing right: the hens are into me. ROFL!
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top