Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Wow.!.!

4K views 34 replies 11 participants last post by  bzr 
#1 ·
Now.... who woke me"

#7 ·
Yep it's me, grumpy too......:p
Where you been Beezer? You are missing all of the fun :D
.... well shit yeah, I can see y'all having some big ol fun now here.....
Hey Beezer, good to see you back!
Cheers mate, I checked in now & then, I just couldn't stay silent anymore....
hey Beezer.......howzitgowin?

jdw
Hey jonny, I'm doin real good mate, happy as a pig in shit & cantankerous as a cat that's been invaded. How you doin!

#6 ·
Well hello to all too! Yeah I's outa hibernation!!! Very hard to refrain from swearing around here. Saw the first 2 pages of threads & not one of the fucker* mentioned anything about reading the sticky's. GEEZ guys, whats goin ON!!! I been on the search of good sound I have, in stereo too. Any audiophiles or like here? Go check out AudioAficionado.org , word of warning though, we are all well mannered & play extremely nice, no shit tolerated at all.

#13 ·
Well hello to all too! Yeah I's outa hibernation!!! Very hard to refrain from swearing around here. Saw the first 2 pages of threads & not one of the fucker* mentioned anything about reading the sticky's. GEEZ guys, whats goin ON!!! I been on the search of good sound I have, in stereo too. Any audiophiles or like here? Go check out AudioAficionado.org , word of warning though, we are all well mannered & play extremely nice, no shit tolerated at all.
There is a forum for JL Audio there? You won't find me anywhere near it :rolleyes:

:D

#10 ·
Yep thats it Scotty, was trying to smuggle outa Canada into the state of Obama, now that I'm out, where are you?
Pretty good -

Healing well: After some busted ribs, a punctured lung and my shoulder that now has more titanium in it than a full Termi system....but all's fixed now. Looking forward to new trying new stuff; been thinking I should give adventure touring a go.......

Stelvio or GS...??

jdw
Mate, big question. What do you have in the shed now? Multi would be my pick!

#11 ·
Shed = SF, Husky Motard and 2 x Vespas (don't ask).

Yep, love the Multi, ridden them a bit and they are an awesome bike, just not really suited to doing the Kimberleys or the Top End....if it were air-cooled, 19" front rim, able to wear proper off-road tyres, shaft drive, then I'd seriously consider it....

jdw

#17 ·
Bloody hell mate i know you're a dentist.....
LOL!

My no. 2 son wanted to get a bike. There are only so many ways i could talk him out of it, without becoming a hypocrite. So after much protesting, he got his learner's license, and the rule in our household was that he only rides when I ride with him.

Like most 20-yr-olds with more testosterone than sense, he made all he usual mistakes. I lost sight of him in my mirrors once when I was trying to show him how to attack the twisty bits through Bobbin Head. I doubled back only to see him sprawled across the dirt on the side of the road. Luckily he wasn't hurt and his bike only broke a lever end. Ever since I ride with one eye constantly on him in my mirrors.

A few months back we were doing the Comanarra parkway (more twisty bits). After a series of loops and curves I lost sight of him again; the morning sun was in my mirrors, so I did a head check (looked behind me) and still couldn't see him. What I also didn't see were the series of brick-sized concrete bollards that some bright urban planner decided would make great lane dividers........my front wheel hit a couple of those motorcycle hazards, I did some aerial acrobatics and ended up across the other side of the road. My no. 2 son was held up by a car exiting a driveway, and fortunately did the right thing by not focusing on where his dad was tumbling across the hairpin. He kindly booked me an ambulance ride when he saw me attempting to pick myself up form the gutter...

Happened around the same time as Gilly's, so it seemed entirely inappropriate to mention it.

......dull story.....silly accident....just easier to say "crashed"...

Jdw

#29 ·
Can't recall last time I was up that way...might have to make a journey (cue: Stelvio.....or GS....)

Good idea that, take it to them jd!!!!!!
No thanks: Up to my armpits in lawyers; if I never see another one it'll be too soon. (have a delinquent distant relative who decided he'll challenge the will of my father-in-law.....is causing insurmountable grief to deWife, I can see the whole estate being emptied into the pockets of the lawyers as we speak..)

jdw

#32 ·
jdw, sorry to hear about the crash. Good to know you're healing well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.